HAPPY FEELIN’ FIT FRIDAY!
With every strength training workout I create, I like to add ab finisher.
My abs are my favorite muscle group to work, second to my legs.
Reverse crunches are my ab exercise of choice these days, so I worked on creating a finisher workout around this move. The Workout Bud and I originally did this one after our chest | tricep | shoulder workouts. He and I both felt it afterwards and the next day. So, it’s now a part of my weekly workouts.
I love this circuit because it works all parts of the abs – upper, mid and that hard to work lower ab region. Lately, I’ve been adding weights to the v-ups and leg/knee raises, and going slower on the reverse crunch/do crunch pulses for even more of a burn.
Move through the exercises as quickly as possible. This finisher will take about 15 minutes or so. However, if you are low on time, feel free to do just 1 or 2 sets, rather than 3. I’ll also listed some regressions and modifications.
- Reverse crunch with a twist: make sure to go slow. keep your mind on your abs. use your abdominal muscles to raise your lower half off the ground, rather than momentum. it’s easier to use momentum. you can do these on the ground, if you don’t have a bench, just keep arms at your side or under your tush.
- Reverse crunch pulses: keep everything tight and do quick pulses. these burn!
- Weighted v-ups: use those lower abs to pull your knees to your chest. keep your back flat. you can do this move on the ground and without weight.
- Weighted side crunch: you can do this standing up, if you don’t have access to a bench. use both sides of your abs and keep everything tight.
- Plank lateral kicks: keep that butt down. it’s easy to get sloppy with your plank form. and try to not let your kicking foot touch the ground.
- Hanging leg raises: you can do knee raises to start and progress to the legs. you can also do this on the ground, hands under your butt. slowly raise and lower legs and try to not let your feet touch the ground.
Hope you enjoy this one and it leaves your abs burning!
I’m going on a camp-out/camp-in tonight and have a half day.
Plus, I’m going for a run at my FAVORITE spot in just a few hours!!
and a 3 day weekend coming up! Quite a good weekend ahead!
Do you like ab finishers? What is your weekend like?
Want more Burpees for Breakfast?
SIGN UP for the email list to receive weekly updates!
Find me on FACEBOOK. INSTAGRAM. TWITTER. BLOGLOVIN. and PINTEREST.