BACON. BANANA. BACON. CHOCOLATE. BACON. ALMOND BUTTER. BACON.
..in a smoothie.
This is real life.
Last week, I was contacted by Williams-Sonoma to see if I would like to participate in their Smoothie Week. The mission – ‘Not Your Typical Smoothie’. The challenge, create a post with the oddest smoothie combination I’ve ever tried or would attempt to try. I love me a good smoothie. And I am always excited to use my Vitamix. (I’ve raved about my Vitamix a time or two on B4B. If you are interested in buying the best kitchen appliance EVER, make sure to check out the Vitamix (and other blender) selection at Williams-Sonoma. So many pretty one’s to choose from!)
I thought of different combinations all day Saturday while driving to Ohio. I wanted to use the beets I got on sale at Kroger, but I’ve done quite a few beet inspired drinks before (one. two. three.). Maybe something Christmas inspired. Maybe a throwback to summer treat. Then it hit me.
A few months ago, I dreamt of a smoothie with chocolate, banana, nut butter, cinnamon and bacon. I love all those things separate and together, so what could be better than blending them all into a smoothie?!
Answer: not much.
So, I got all the ingredients, blended everything up, and enjoyed. And, since I wasn’t sure I could count this as The Crazies Smoothie or The Best Smoothie ever, calling it an Elvis Smoothie seemed like a good fit. He liked banana and bacon and peanut butter.
Want to try it? Here is the recipe!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tablespoons almond butter or nut butter of your choice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 banana (can use frozen if you like)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2-3 dates
- 1 cup ice (depending on how thick you like your smoothie and if you used a frozen banana)
- 1-2 slices of crispy bacon
- Cook bacon at 375 degrees until crispy. Everyone cooks bacon differently, so cook how you like it, as long as it’s crispy.
- Add all ingredients to the blender and blend away.
- Pour into glass and add a crispy piece of bacon for garnish.
What is your craziest smoothie combination?!