Have you joined the #BosuStrong Challenge yet? This Bosu Ball Cardio Interval Workout is a great way to get involved. Get your heart rate up, challenge your balance and have a blast!
Happy Feeling Fit Friday, Friends! Gotta love alliteration! Today, I’m bring you the first workout in the Bosu Ball #BosuStrong Challenge. If you remember, we have a Modality of the Month, here on the blog. This month (9/14 – 10/9) it’s the Bosu Ball!
I created a workout for today earlier this week. Then I found an old Bosu workout I published on the blog, and I knew I had to tweak it a bit and share it again. The theme of the challenge this week is ‘Let’s Pump Up The Cardio‘ and this bosu ball cardio interval workout delivers!Get ready to #SweatPink and feel #BosuStrong with this Cardio Interval Workout via @burpees4bfast http://ow.ly/Slt2K… Click To Tweet
Complete all 10 reps of each exercise in the main circuit. After completing all moves one time, pick one of the cardio exercises to perform for 1 full minute. Repeat main circuit again. This time choose a different cardio moves. You will complete the circuit + cardio interval at least 3 times. Ideally, you will do one of the cardio moves each round. Rest when needed.
- You do not need a Bosu to participate in this challenge. If you do not have one, you can do just bodyweight, or just an aerobic step/sidewalk. Get creative!
- BOSU wants to remind all participants that standing on a BOSU with the dome facing down is not proper form. Performing push-ups, mt. climbers, spidermans, etc. with dome side down is OKAY.
- SPIDERMANS: Place Bosu on the ground, dome side down. Either grasp both sides of the Bosu or place hands in the middle. Come into plank position. Bring left knee to touch the left elbow. Then right knee to touch the right elbow, all while maintaining proper plank form. Repeat for Rx reps.
- SQUATS: Place Bosu on the ground, dome side up. Stand on ball with feet about hip width apart. Bracing core tightly, perform squats, sticking butt back, driving through heels, keeping chest lifted.
- SIDE LUNGES: Place Bosu on the ground, dome side up, and stand to the right. Perform a side lunge by placing left foot on the Bosu, grounding through heel, and sticking butt back, keeping chest lifted. Push off heel and return to start. Complete Rx reps on each side.
- BICYCLE CRUNCHES: Place Bosu on the ground, dome side up. Lay with back on Bosu and lift arms & legs. Perform a bicycle crunch by bring left elbow to right knee, then right elbow to left knee. Repeat for Rx reps on each side.
- PUSH-UPS: Option #1: Place Bosu on the ground, dome side up. Place hands on ball, come into plank position and perform push-ups. Option #2: Place Bosu on the ground, dome side down. Either grasp both sides of the Bosu or place hands in the middle. Come into plank position and perform push-ups.
- PLANK: Option #1: Place Bosu on the ground, dome side up. Place hands OR elbows on ball and come into plank – keeping everything tight, drawing elbows/hands to feet, glutes/quads engaged. Option #2: Place Bosu on the ground, dome side down. Either grasp both sides of the Bosu or place hands/elbows in the middle and come into plank position.
- BOSU SHUFFLE OVERS: Place Bosu on the ground, dome side up, stand to the right. Quickly jump left foot on ball, then right foot, while placing left foot on the ground on the other side of the ball, followed by the right. Shuffle back over to the right side of the ball.
- BOSU BURPEES: Place Bosu on the ground, dome side up, standing behind. Perform a burpee. As you jump up from the burpee, jump up onto the Bosu. Jump back down and perform another burpee. See another variation, here (I recommend adding a push-up at the bottom!)
- DOUBLE JUMP SQUAT THRUST: Place Bosu on the ground, dome side up, standing behind, in squat position. Place hands on ball and jump feet back, then back to start. Come back into squat position and immediately jump up on the Bosu, landing in squat position. Perform a squat jump on the Bosu. Jump back down to the ground and repeat sequence again, for Rx reps.
…I'm feeling #BosuStrong with this Cardio Interval Workout via @burpees4bfast @Fitapproach @bosufitness #sweatpink #ad Click To Tweet
Linking up with Jill today! Hope you enjoy the bosu ball cardio interval workout! Perfect for the gym or outside!
In EXCITING NEWS, NICOLE from Fitful Focus won a free shirt from I’ma Make That!! Remember, if you didn’t win, you still get 10% in the shop until Saturday (9/19).
Be sure to join the #BosuStrong Challenge, if you haven’t already, for a chance to win your own Bosu!
Favorite Bosu Ball move?
What did you do this weekend?