It’s already Week 3 of the #BosuStrong Challenge! This week we are talking stretches and toning! I’m sharing 5 of my favorite stretches and 3 tips for toning your upper body.
I can’t believe its already Week 3 of the #BosuStrong Challenge, time flies when you’re having fun! Last week we focused on balance and I was proud of myself for sticking with yoga nearly every day, giving myself a break from my normal HIIT workouts. This week its all about stretching and toning – so make sure you join in on the fun!Stretch & Tone! Join me for Week 3 of the #BosuStrong Challenge with @FitApproach &… Click To Tweet
Since we’re talking about stretching, here are 5 of my all time favorite stretches:
- I love to stretch my legs by doing wide leg forward fold.
- My favorite total body stretch is bending into wheel pose.
- I swear when I TP Therapy Ball my glutes, it feels terrible when I’m doing it, but so delicious after!
- I stretch my mind by listening to biz dev podcasts nearly every day.
- I try to stretch out of my comfort zone by trusting my yoga teacher and trying flying pigeon.
And if you’re looking for a great way to tone your UPPER BODY, here are my fave 3 words of wisdom:
- Push something, including your body weight: Ladies, don’t be fooled into thinking you can only do push-ups on your knees. Keep working at them to the point where you are knocking out push-ups on your toes. I find push-ups are much better at showing off your arm muscles than doing bicep curls! Be sure to check out my tips for mastering push-ups, aka. earth downs.
- Pull something, maybe yourself over a bar: I’ll be the first to say that pull-ups are stinking hard. I have such a tough time with them. However, they are not impossible for us ladies. Work on exercises that will strengthen your upper back, as it tends to be a weak spot for most women.
- Don’t be afraid to incorporate strength training into your program because you are scared to get bulky: Ask any trainer and they can probably tell you how much money they would have by now, based on the number of times ladies have strayed from weights for fear of getting bulky. Ladies,
hear meread me loud and clear: LIFTING, PUSHING, SWINGING HEAVY THINGS WILL NOT MAKE YOU BULKY. It would take A LOT of work and supplementing to get crazy bulky. Strength training will get you strong, help you look ‘toned’/muscular, and make you feel unstoppable & strong!
WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
- Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends!
- The daily prompts are below. You can also follow along HERE.
Week 3 time to STRETCH & TONE!: (9/28-10/2):
(Make sure you tag @Bosu_Fitness on Instagram & @BosuFitness on Twitter):
- Monday, 9/28: We’re starting the week with some side lunges! Show us how you work those inner and outer thighs @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
Bonus: Y’all know we love to #jumpjoymonday! Show us your BEST jump shot and tag @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Tuesday, 9/29: It’s #tempotuesday! Show us your fave body toning move @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
Bonus: It’s #triceptuesday and we want to see you dip! Now drop down and give us 20 tricep dips. #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Wednesday, 9/30: Grab a partner and show us how you tone it up together! @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
Bonus: #workitwednesday, show us how you’re workin’ in a good stretch this Wednesday and tag #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Thursday, 10/1: It’s #totalbodythursday. Show us your favorite total body stretch. #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Bonus: Give us a #tbt of a time when you really stretched outside of your comfort zone (feel free to get creative!) #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Friday, 10/2: #FreeFriday. Show us your favorite stretch! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Bonus: Happy #forearmfriday. Show us a move that helps you stretch and tone #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Notes: You do not need to own or have access to a BOSU to participate. By participating you will have a chance to win a BOSU and other fun prizes. And please, if you are using a BOSU throughout this challenge, never stand on your BOSU with the dome facing down (images or moves down on the BOSU incorrectly will not count during this challenge).
Tune in Friday for a brand new upper body workout featuring the Modality of the Month, the lovely Bosu Ball! I was going to combine the Bosu and my kettlebells, but I had a stroke of creative genius and I’ll be using just the Bosu Ball!
Did you have a good weekend? I had some soul food on Friday for a birthday party, hung with the Hubs, practiced for my cycle class tonight! What did you do?
What are your favorite stretches? Favorite arm toning moves?