This Upper Body Bosu Ball Workout might only have 4 moves, but your arms will be jelly by the end. The Bosu Ball creates that unstable environment, recruiting those core muscles, along with your upper body. Complete this workout on it’s own, or pair with cardio for a full body burner!
4 MOVE UPPER BODY BOSU BALL WORKOUT
Disclaimer: this post was sponsored by BOSU but all opinions expressed are my own. I truly appreciate all of the brands that support the Fit Approach (Sweat Pink) community.
Initially, I planned to include my trusty kettlebell in this workout. The Bosu would be pushing exercises, the KB would be the pulling. That workout will be on the blog soon enough. However, I put my brain to work, thinking up an upper body Bosu Ball workout!
I wanted this workout to be a balance of pushing and pulling movements. Remember how important it is to do pulling movements?! But, I didn’t want it to be so long that the body was finished after just 1 or 2 rounds. These 4 exercises are a good match of pushing/pulling movements, plus, at only 3 rounds & 12 reps a piece, this should be manageable for all fitness levels.
[bctt tweet=”A solid balance of pushing & pulling exercises. New workout #ontheblog! #BosuStrong #SweatPink @fitapproach @Bosu_Fitness”]
If you don’t have access to a Bosu, you can do your push-ups on the ground or elevated surface. Use a set of dumbbells or a plate for the other three moves.
This workout can be done one it’s own. Or, you can pair it with some cardio (running or a bit of spin) or as part of a leg workout. Since we are using the Bosu, our core muscles will be challenged, so another option would be to pair this with a core workout, for an extra burn.
- Bosu Ball (or dumbbells/plate)
- Mat (optional)
Perform 12 reps of all 4 moves. Complete 3 rounds. If using as a compliment to another short workout, you have the option to cut down on the number of sets.
- You do not need a Bosu to participate in this challenge. If you do not have one, you can do just bodyweight, or just an aerobic step/sidewalk. Get creative!
- BOSU wants to remind all participants that standing on a BOSU with the dome facing down is not proper form. Performing push-ups, mt. climbers, spidermans, etc. with dome side down is OKAY.
- BOSU PUSH-UP: Option #1: Place Bosu on the ground, dome side up. Place hands on ball, come into plank position and perform push-ups. Option #2: Place Bosu on the ground, dome side down. Either grasp both sides of the Bosu or place hands in the middle. Come into plank position and perform push-ups. Check out more tips for mastering push-ups, aka, Earth Downs.
- RDL TO BOSU BENT ROW: Grab Bosu Ball on both sides, standing upright with weight in heel, slight bend in the knee, glute squeezed, pelvis slightly tucked, shoulders back and down. Hinge at hip, bracing core to bring back parallel to the ground (or until tension is felt in hamstrings), chest up. Row Bosu til the belly of the ball touches your belly, elbows shooting straight back. Keep core tight and squeeze glute as you come back to stand.
- SQUAT W/DOUBLE BOSU PRESS: Grab Bosu Ball on both sides, standing upright with weight in heel, slight bend in the knee, glute squeezed, pelvis slightly tucked, shoulders back and down. As you perform a squat, press Bosu straight out in front of you, ever so slight bend in elbows. As you drive through your heels to stand, press the Bosu up overhead. Return to start and repeat.
- OVERHEAD BOSU TRICEP EXTENSION: Grab Bosu Ball on both sides, standing upright with weight in heel, slight bend in the knee, glute squeezed, pelvis slightly tucked, shoulders back and down. Press Bosu up overhead, shoulders down still. Bend at the elbows and bring Bosu down to tap the middle of your back. Use triceps to bring the Bosu back up. Keep biceps close to ears.
Try this one out and let me know if you like it. Remember to tag me, Bosu and FitApproach.
Check out more Bosu Ball workouts HERE. Linking up with Jill today!
[bctt tweet=”Can’t wait to try this Upper Body Bosu Ball Workout! #SweatPink #BosuStrong @fitapproach @Bosu_fitness”]
So, FINALLY, the 6th season of Vampire Diaries is on Netflix, TODAY! I’d planned to help the Hubs will all the real estate accounts, but now I’m wishing I would watch Vampire Diaries all day. That is, after I catch up on Scandal and The Mindy Project.
This weekend, I’m dragging the Hubs to my 5 year college reunion in Ohio. I hadn’t planned on going, but The Ohio Thugs are going and convinced me that I should go. I get to see them, which is a wonderful, plus, we are stopping for giant pancakes on the way. And I get to enjoy a few of the other food/drink joints from my college days.
And the best part, I hustled like cra this week, so I am not planning on doing ANY WORK on Saturday or Sunday!! Even might do some office re-decorating on Sunday!
What are you weekend plans?
Favorite moves to add to an upper body Bosu Ball workout?
What did you do this weekend?