We made it to Week 4 of the #BosuStrong Challenge. Wrapping up the month with a Bosu Ball Review and recap of the challenge. Find out what I learned and why I love the Bosu Ball!
This week is the very last week of the #BosuStrong Challenge and the final week, utilizing the Bosu Ball as the Modality of the Month. Over the past month, I’ve been inspired to take things slow – progress, not perfection. Before starting the challenge, my goal was to become a yogi pro in a month and now that we’re in the final week I plan to incorporate yoga into my daily life and make small progress goals each month. I couldn’t always make it to the mat every day, but I still took time to breathe and get in a walk at home!Tell us how you are #BosuStrong! Final week of the challenge starts today! @bosufitness… Click To Tweet
This week we’re focusing on the things that make us BOSU Strong. Here are the 10 things that make me #BOSUStrong:
- I am always up for a challenge.
- I will always be a proponent of women lifting heavy & being strong.
- I never get tired of trying new things!
- I do believe that healthy living is all about balance.
- I love to come to the mat for a good stretch after a long week of classes & work.
- I am inspired to bring breath and balance to my routine daily.
- I love to encourage others to figure out how to make healthy living work in for their life.
- I have loved incorporating the Bosu into my workouts.
- I am proud of myself for admitting when my body needs rest.
- I hope to continue to inspire other ladies to move and nourish their body!
Bonus: Tell us the ten best BOSU workouts you did, learned or saw during the challenge!
BOSU BALL REVIEW
Before starting this challenge, I’d used the Bosu Ball many times (I confess, I have stood on the flat side before!). However, I have a new found love for this modality after this challenge. I realized I needed to work on strengthening my own core and work on balance (physical & mental) more than I realized. Thinking I could do Warrior 3 with ease and then falling with each attempt humbled this girl!
I’ve been incorporating the Bosu into my personal workouts. Plus, I’ve been using the Bosu more and more with my personal training clients and even my siblings, in their gym class.
The fact that the Bosu creates an unstable environment, challenging nearly ever muscle in your body is a Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructors dream. And, as someone that is constantly striving to grow their fitness and challenge their body, this modality is a perfect and well-rounded tool.
I’d recommend the Bosu Ball to:
- Workout Beginners: great way to challenge balance and stability, which is the foundation for any good fitness program and the place I would start any new client!
- Seasoned Workout-ers: incorporating balance/stability exercises into your routine is key, not matter why type of fitness you do for fun. Having a strong foundation is essential whether you are lifting heavy things or running marathons! And I think it only builds your strength to go back to the basics, even if you’ve been working out for 3 months or 3 years.
- Anyone…: I probably should have just lead with this one. I honestly think anyone can benefit from using this tool. I’d perhaps caution those with injuries and encourage them to start slowly when working with the Bosu. But really, we all have opportunity to enhance our balance/stability.
WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
I want to know – are you #BOSUStrong? Copy and paste the above, fill it in and make it your own and then tag me in it and share with your friends! Let’s all be #BOSUSTRONG.
The daily prompts are below. You can also follow along HERE.
(Make sure you tag @Bosu_Fitness on Instagram & @BosuFitness on Twitter):
- Monday, 10/05: It’s #moveitmonday. Show us how you’re moving it this Monday. #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Bonus: Y’all know we love to #jumpjoymonday! Show us your BEST jump shot and tag @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
- Tuesday, 10/06: It’s #tempotuesday! Show us what makes you #BosuStrong! @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
Bonus: It’s #triceptuesday and we want to see what makes you #BosuStrong. #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Wednesday, 10/07: Planks, planks and more planks! Plank it out and show us how you’re #BosuStrong @BOSU_Fitness @FitApproach #BOSUStrong #FitFamily #SweatPink #ad
Bonus: #workitwednesday, show us how you’re workin’ it this Wednesday and tag #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Thursday, 10/08: It’s #totalbodythursday. Show us your favorite total body move – the one that truly makes you feel #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Bonus: Give us a #tbt of your favorite moment of this challenge #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
- Friday, 10/09: #FreeFriday. Show us your #BOSUstrong! #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Bonus: Happy #forearmfriday. Let’s all celebrate the final day of the challenge with dolphin pose! #BOSUstrong #FitFamily #SweatPink @Bosu_Fitness @FitApproach #ad
Notes: You do not need to own or have access to a BOSU to participate. By participating you will have a chance to win a BOSU and other fun prizes. And please, if you are using a BOSU throughout this challenge, never stand on your BOSU with the dome facing down (images or moves down on the BOSU incorrectly will not count during this challenge).
How was your weekend? I did no work, except finishing up a few lines for this post! We spent the day Saturday in Ohio at my college reunion, which wasn’t too fun, except for being able to see the Thugs. Sunday, The Hubs and I skipped church to sleep in and relax. Then we spent the day hanging out! And I got really caught up on The Vampire Diaries!
Tell me about your weekend!
How are you #BosuStrong? Have you been participating in the challenge?