A power playlist is essential for every Girl Boss to create! Songs can be that extra bit of motivation we need to push through a project. It can cheer us up when we are in a not-so great mood. And it can provide words of encouragement and inspiration to keep us pursuing our dreams.
POWER PLAYLIST: WHY YOU NEED TO CREATE ONE TODAY
Happy Tuesday Friends. I’m linking up with my favorite ladies today, Jessica Joy and Jill Conyers, for another edition of The Fit Dish! I’d been wanting to post on the topic of playlists and this week’s topic gave me the perfect excuse.
So, playlists. There was once a time, back in last high school/early college days, when I was all about music. I loved searching and finding amazing new artists, then listen to songs on repeat for days. Anyone else? I don’t always find new music as much these days, but I do still listen to songs on repeat. For hours. Sometimes days.Why every Girl Boss needs a power playlist! #thefitdish #girlboss #sweatpink Click To Tweet
There is a lot involved with being a #girlboss, as you may well know. One way I like to ‘de-stress’ / clear my brain / enjoy the work day is with my Power Playlist, aka, my #GIRLBOSS Playlist. I love listening to podcasts, but sometimes I just need music. The brain can’t handle intense business development talk.
I think it’s incredibly important to have music that feeds your soul and brightens your mood…or helps you with any mood. You will experience nearly every emotion from ecstatic to frustrated, as a Girl Boss, so having music for all moods is key. I am a huge proponent of finding what works for you in terms of stress relief and music may not be your thing. But, try it out once – you might just need to create a new playlist!
When I think of a power playlist (I’m so pumped to see every else’s!), I imagine a list filled with empowering songs, songs that pump you up, get you excited, make you feel strong, give you an energy boost.
My power playlist definitely has songs like that. But it also has songs that are calming, ones that are just fun and songs that I used to love, back in the day. Queue Britney & Destiny.
WHEN I’M IN THE ZONE…
- Eye of the Tiger – Survivor <seriously, one of my fav’s. This was the ending song to my spin class last night and it was crazy tough, but so good!>
- ‘Til I Collapse – Eminem <I’m not a huge Eminem fan, but this song. The beat, the lyrics. I will listen on repeat when I’m working out too.>
- Americano – Lady Gaga <have you heard this one. Imagine me singing, clapping and nodding my head to the beat, while driving through down. Love!>
WHEN I NEED TO REMEMBER THAT I’M AWESOME…
- Masterpiece – Jessie J <love this song and I love to belt it out at the top of my lunges. Thanks to Jessica Joy for introducing it to me.>
- F*cking Perfect – Pink <lyrics, yes. beats, yes. Pink, yes. all kinds of love.>
- Girl on Fire – Alicia Keys <Maybe this should be the #girlboss anthem, no?>
WHEN I JUST WANT TO SING ALONG…
- Hollaback Girl – Gwen Stefani <ain’t no hollaback guuurrrrlll, ain’t no hollaback.>
- Walkashame – Meghan Trainor <I know this not necessarily a positive song, but the music is just so stinking fun, I can’t help but sing it.>
- Trouble – Iggy & Jennifer Hudson <My mom, of all people, introduced me to this song. It’s got such attitude. And I brang it, when I sang it.>
WHEN I WANT A SONG THAT MAKES ME HAPPY…
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse <Did you know Amy is in my list of Top 3 female singers…like at #2. One of my favorite songs she did. Always makes me happy.>
- Good Times Roll – GRiZ & Big Gigantic <found this randomly on Spotify ad it’s so stinking fun!>
- (You Drive Me) Crazy – Britney Spears <I know I’m going on 28, but I’m still a Britney fan. And I know all the words. And I will listen to this song on repeat, all day.>
The list is still in the works, of course. But I like where it’s at so far! So, what’s on your list? Be sure to check out the other posts in The Fit Dish today to see what other people love!
If you haven’t made your power playlist yet, I encourage you to do it today! Pick songs for every type of mood, plus songs you love singing along too!
What songs would you put on your Power Playlist? Do you have a Power Playlist?