Are you ready to live heathy and be awesome in 2016? You’ve come to the right spot! Today, I’m sharing 5 ways you can live healthy in 2016.
5 WAYS TO LIVE HEALTHY (AND BE AWESOME) IN 2016
Friends, I’m going to teach you how to live healthy (and be awesome). The inspiration for today’s post comes from a TV show that is near and dear to my heart, How I Met Your Mother (anyone else not super pumped about how it ended?!). If you’ve seen the show, you will remember an episode where we find out how Barney and Ted meet. Barney decides he is going to teach Ted how to live. So, I figured I’d do the same. But live healthy.
[bctt tweet=”Inspiration from #HIMYM for today’s post: 5 Ways to Live Healthy and Be Awesome in 2016! #livehealthy #beawesome”]
There are a million and one articles out there sharing specific ways to live healthy each year. I’ve got 5 unique ways to make the most of 2016. Follow these tips and you will live healthy and be awesome.
1. MOVE: See the name of this blog? This girl is all about fitness. The thing is fitness is different for everyone. Me telling you to only do HIIT workouts to have the best 2016 would be silly if your body does better with lower impact workouts like cycling or yoga. A coach encourages you to find what works for you. Which is what I am going to do. Find what works for you. Whether it be yoga, heavy lifting, powerlifting, cycling, Zumba, running or swimming, just move. And move often.
2. NOURISH: Your Body AND Mind.
If you’ve followed the blog for any length of time, you know I am all about whole food nutrition and fueling your body properly. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be scary. You gotta take things slowly, learn about what foods are going to give you the most nutritional bang for your buck and realize that healthy eating is a process. It doesn’t have to be an all-or-nothing-only-eat-kale-from-this-day-forward thing. It takes time so enjoy the journey.
I’ve been on a biz podcast, spending time with Jesus, desiring a good personal development book (I just got Gretchen Rubins new book!!) kick this week. When you nourish your mind with rich, inspiring and encouraging things, it gives you this fuel to do better and be better. It’s hard for me to put into words other than say, it makes me want to be more awesome.
3. STRETCH: Your Body AND Yourself:
With all the sitting and laying in bed working I did over break, my hammies have been screaming for days. The stretching portion of my class is the part where people often duck out early. Stretching is an essential part of your fitness program that cannot be overlooked. Stretch those muscles friends!
Step out of your comfort zone. Stretch yourself. It’s not to say that you need to do that every single day or make it some big grand gesture, but be intentional about it. For example, one of the things I’m planning on doing is joining a networking group in my area. For this introvert that is not a fan of small talk, the idea of doing something like this is a bit scary. But I want to push myself and I want to be able to connect with other business professionals.
4. CHALLENGE: This ties in a bit with STRETCH, but look for opportunities to challenge yourself. The challenge can be coming up with a unique recipe, upping your weight for your workout, reading at least 10 pages of a book a day <raises hand> or even getting up a few minutes earlier each day to enjoy some alone time. The challenges make us stronger.
5. BREATHE: Just breathe. Just stop and breathe. Life will be tough and messy and scary and make you nervous and you might not understand what is going on all the time, so just breathe. Understand you can’t be all the things to all the people at all times. Take time for yourself, so you can be your best version for other people. And just breathe.
[bctt tweet=”Move. Nourish. Stretch. Challenge. Breathe. 5 Ways to Live Healthy in 2016! #beawesome #livehealthy”]
One thing you might not want add to your live healthy list: eating all the popcorn as a post dinner snack. So I bought kernels the other day and decided to make my FIRST EVER BATCH of homemade popcorn. Guys, it was so stinking good. Just used coconut oil and a smidgen of salt. I ate my bowl, part of the Hubs’ bowl and then part of the bowl I got for the Hubs to replenish what I ate from his original bowl. I think I ate a bit more than I should have…maybe? #sorrynotsorry…
Don’t forget the Inspired To Be Fit linkup is open til Saturday!! Share your fitness relation posts and inspiration! Be sure to read all the details and rules!
What are your top tips to live healthy and be awesome?! Are you a fan of How I Met Your Mother?