This bodyweight workout contains 6 full body exercises with a combination of strength and cardio moves. The latest installment of this month’s Inspired To Be Fit. Do this workout anywhere and work up a sweat!
6 MOVE FULL BODY CARDIO BODYWEIGHT WORKOUT
Happy Monday Friends!
Back again with another workout for you today! If you remember, last week we talked progressions, specifically acute variables. There so many different ways to structure workouts just by manipulating these variable. Since we have 5 Monday’s this month, I thought I take each Monday to switch up the equipment AND variables in each workout.
Today, I’m sharing a bodyweight workout, with a cardio component. You only have six moves to work with, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be tough. Because it’s bodyweight, I upped the rep range and the sets. I also include some of my favorite moves. I’ve been loving doing plank work the past week or so and love the walkout move!
[bctt tweet=”Brand new 6 Move Full Body Cardio Bodyweight Workout #sweatpink @fitapproach @ideafit”]
- Optional: Interval Timer (I don’t go anywhere without my MiniMax)
You will move through this workout with the RX number of reps, resting a few seconds between each rep. Complete 4 -5 sets, resting ~30 seconds between each set.
With your push-ups and walkouts, ensure that you are using proper form and not just rushing through the exercises to get them done. Part of getting strong is focusing on form and the muscles you are working.
[bctt tweet=”Can’t wait to try this new Bodyweight Cardio Workout #fitfluential @fitfluential”]
- PUSH-UPS: Check my tips for push-up mastery!
- SEAL JACKS: Stand with feet together and arms wide. Hop out with feet and clap arms together. Repeat.
- WALKOUTS W/PLANK WALK & KNEE TAP: Stand upright, shoulders back and down, pelvis slightly tucked. Keeping legs straight with just a slight bend in the knee, hinge at your hip and walk out into hand plank position. Walk down into elbow plank, then back up to hand plank (keep feet wider to avoid hips moving side to side). Once in hand plank, draw left knee to left elbow, then right knee to right elbow. Return to hand plank, then walk back up to the top.
- SHUFFLE TOUCH W/4 SKATERS: Get low into squat position, keeping chest lifted, while sending butt back. Shuffle a couple steps to the left. After the last step, perform 4 skaters (total), by hoping side to side, engaging the glute and driving through heel. After 4 skaters, you should be back on the left side. Shuffle a few steps to the right and then perform 4 skaters. Repeat.
- SQUAT TOUCHDOWN TO KNEE RAISE TWIST: Stand upright, shoulders back and down, pelvis slightly tucked. Perform a squat, while touching right hand to ground. As you stand, draw left knee up towards your chest and touch to right elbow in a twist. Repeat on the other side.
- LUNGE-LUNGE-SQUAT: Perform a lunge jump on each leg, driving through heel, landing softly in lunge position. After the second jump, jump both feet out into a squat and perform a squat jump. Repeat.
[bctt tweet=”Check out this Full Body Cardio Bodyweight Workout ! #sweatpink @fitapproach”]
Don’t forget to add your fitness related posts to the link-up below! While we know nutrition plays a huge role in fitness and overall healthy living, Jill and I would like ITBF to focus totally on the fitness aspect of healthy living. We’d like this to be a go-to resource for workouts and fitness information, motivation and support. If you have a delicious recipe to share (and we know many of you do), come back on Friday and link-up with Living a Life of Fitness Health & Happiness.
[bctt tweet=”Don’t forget to add your fitness posts to the Inspired To Be Fit Link-up w/@Burpees4bfast & @jillconyers #sweatpink” via=”no”]
How was your weekend?! It’s Sunday night and for some reason, I can’t remember what I did. I know I filmed and edited videos for my new 4 Week Fitness Challenge starting TODAY! I did some cooking. I was able to walk outside Saturday and Sunday because it was warm outside! Spring, please come soon!
It’s supposed to snow today, so blah. However, we have a chocolate fundraiser event tonight, so at least I’ll be warm inside with allllll the chocolate!
Do you like bodyweight workouts?
What did you do this weekend?
- Instagram: burpeesforbreakfast
- Twitter: burpees4bfast
- Pinterest: burpees4bfast
- Bloglovin: Burpees for Breakfast
- Facebook: Burpees for Breakfast
[inlinkz_linkup id=603889 mode=1]