Do you even multitask, bro? One of the best ways to rock food prep is to multitask. Learn why and find out how to become a food prep ninja!
LEARN TO MULTITASK & BECOME A FOOD PREP NINJA
Today, let’s talk about learning the importance of being able to multitask. For me, learning how to juggle all the foods/meals to prep was crucial to staying on board the food prep train.
Here are tips for learning to multi-task, in order to become a food prep ninja:
- Before you prep, make a list of the foods/meals you want to make. This can be your menu for the week, if that’s easier. I keep my menu on one side and the things I need to prep on the other.
- Look over the list and decide what comes first, second, third, etc. If there are sweet potato cubes and zoodles on your list, you’ll want to chop your sweet potato cubes, get them in the oven and THEN, create your zoodles.
In order to get everything done, you need to make the most of your time. Ain’t no one got time to spend the entire day in the kitchen, amiright?Don't spend hours in the kitchen. Multitask and become a food prep ninja! #fitfluential… Click To Tweet
Let’s take a look at my list from a couple weeks ago:
- carrot noodles
- sweet potato cubes
- spaghetti squash
- pumpkin seed butter
- sunflower seed butter
- coconut butter
- choc-coconut nut butter cups
- smoothie packets
MEAL IDEAS FOR THE WEEK:
- Coconut Lime Skirt Steak w/Mash Parships & Creamed Broccoli + Chard (Sunday)
- Sweet Potato Noodle Spaghetti & Chicken Sausage
- Chicken Thigh Curry w/SP Noodles
- Dijon Chicken Thighs w/Mixed Veggies & Roasted Potatoes
- Shrimp w/Coconut Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Turkey & Sweet Potato Chili
This is how it went down:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add the raw pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut flakes to 3 separate cookie pans. Roast in oven for 10-12 min or until the seeds and coconut become fragrant.
- While the seeds and coconut are roasting, I work on chopping the sweet potatoes, add to pan, sprinkle on spices and oil. I also cut open the spaghetti squash, de-seed and add to another pan. Somehow I have enough pans.
- By this time, the seeds & coconut are roasted, so I take all the pans and add the sweet potato cubes & spaghetti squash to the oven, while upping the temp to 400 degrees.
- The seeds & coconut need to cool. While I’m waiting to add to the food processor, I whip up the marinade for the skirt steak we are eating for dinner. It ends up being SO GOOD. I add that to a plastic bag, along with the skirt steak and leave it til dinner.
- Time for the pumpkin seeds to go into the food processor (be sure you are on the newsletter list – I’m sharing the recipe tomorrow!) and I start creating some zoodles.
- In between processing the pumpkin seeds into seed butta, the sesame seeds into a butta and the coconut flakes into butta, I also peel and cut the parsnips (for dinner), peel carrots into noodles for the week (this takes FOREVER), clean the beets and make the smoothie packets for The Hubs.
- Everything takes less than 2 hours, including cleaning dishes. After I get the dishes cleaned, I make the choc-coconut butter cups and add to freezer – super simple!
- All parts of the meal ideas are prepped – mostly in the freezer. Each meal takes ~20 minutes or less. The chili takes about 5 because it all goes into the crockpot.
That’s quite a few things and it didn’t take the entire day. Keeping your freezer stocked, kitchen equipped and multitasking will help make food prep a breeze and allow you to enjoy healthy meals all week!Learn to multitask. Become a food prep ninja. #foodprep Click To Tweet
If you are ready to start creating healthy, nutrient dense meals OR you want to rethinking the way you do food prep to make it more stress free, you need to grab a copy of The Ultimate Food Prep Guide!
The Ultimate Food Prep Guide is on special sale for $10! It’s already been marked down, so no need for a special code. Grab it while you can!
Become a BOSS at Meal Prep! Grab a copy of The Ultimate Food Prep Guide for just $10! #foodprep Click To Tweet
I’m actually making more pumpkin seed butter today. Ya’ll it’s so good. I have a couple client programs to plan, film some videos for my online bootcampers and more! Crazy busy week!
Do you multitask in the kitchen?
Do you incorporate meal prep into your week?