Fierce Female Friday is a brand new series on the blog where you get the chance to meet some amazingly Fierce (and Fit) Female Bloggers that are sharing what they do best. Tune in the last Friday of each month to learn more about these awesome ladies!
FIERCE FEMALE FRIDAY: MUSCLES & MUNCHKINS
Happy Friday Friends!!
Welcome to Month #2 of FFF! Today, it’s Fierce Female Friday: Muscles & Munchkins edition! I met Hollie last July after finding out she was going to BlogFest! We found out we lived about 20 minutes away from each other, met for coffee at our favorite coffee shop, roomed together and have been friends since. Hollie is a STRONG (seriously, check out her guns!) and AWESOME Mom to 2 kiddos, with one on the way. Her little girl is seriously, so stinking cute! Hollie is also a group fitness instructor and soon to be personal trainer, who is passionate about living a healthy, active life and being a great example to her kiddos – which she is. Hollie is sharing an killer workout with us today! Can’t wait for you to meet her and try out this workout!
[bctt tweet=”Meet @MuscleNMunchkin, the newest #fitfemale in the Fierce Female Friday Feature! #ontheblog #sweatpink #fitmom”]
Before we get to an awesome workout, I want to introduce Hollie Nicholson from Muscles & Munchkins!
- TELL US WHO YOU ARE, WHAT YOU DO AND WHERE YOU ARE FROM: I am Hollie: wife, stay-at-home-mom to C & M (and #3 coming in July), fitness instructor, blogger and lover of sunshine, warm weather, being outdoors, traveling, good wine, and cookies. First and foremost, my first job is Mom. I love keeping my kids active: going on bike rides, hiking, playing at the park and just running around in our backyard.In addition to keeping my kids active, I love motivating others (especially moms) to live their fittest life. I want all moms to Find Their Fit so they can be able to run, chase and play with their kids and grandkids on the playground for years to come.I am a Hoosier born and raised and currently reside in a suburb on the North Side of Indianapolis. I teach live fitness classes at my local gym and church. I also blog about fitness, health and life with my little munchkins at Muscles & Munchkins.
- WHAT IS YOUR MISSION? WHAT ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT? WHAT GETS YOU OUT OF BED IN THE MORNING? I am passionate about my family and being the best mom and wife I can be and for me, this starts with taking care of me. Beyond vanity reasons, I workout to feel my best and to use the temple God has given me for His purpose. It is my mission to help other women to the same– and those things get me out of bed each morning!
- WHAT IS THE #1 HEALTHY LIVING TIP YOU SWEAR BY? Drink your water and break a sweat. Those are the two things I make sure I do every single day. I shoot for one gallon a water per day and even if it is a busy day, I can make myself move for 20 minutes (besides on my rest day, of course).
- WHAT IS THE BIGGEST CHALLENGE TO HEALTHY LIVING AND HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH IT? My love for wine and sweets. Working out is easy and fun for me, but keeping my nutrition on point is tough. I love cookies, I love to bake with my three year old and I love a nice glass of wine. Instead of focusing on abstaining, I focus on moderation. I set a limit each week to how many treats I will allow myself to have and stick to it.
- SHARE A RANDOM FACT WITH US THAT WE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT: My active lifestyle started young: I put my first pair of roller skates on at 2 and was competing nationally as a roller speed skater at the age of 4. I was a competitive speed skater for 10 years and learned to love the discipline of fitness at an early age.
- FAVORITE PIECE OF FITNESS EQUIPMENT: Do I have to choose just one? I love the rowing machine and kettle bells. I love any workout that incorporates bursts of high intensity cardio and strength training like this treadmill and kettle bell workout I wrote. I also love to lift heavy weights and especially love bench press and working my shoulders!
With all that being said, I also love any short, quick workout I can do with no equipment. As moms, it is important to be able to workout wherever we are, no matter what our kiddos are doing. I love having a workout I can do while my littlest one is napping and my oldest one is playing (or joining me).
NO EXCUSES NAPTIME WORKOUT
Having a go-to workout for naptime is crucial for moms, especially if they can’t seem to make it to the gym in the morning. When I had my first, I relied on workouts like this one where I could grab a set of dumbbells and get to work as soon as I put my munchkin down for a nap.
What I especially love about this workout is it’s room for improvement. When I first started working out post part I could only get through a couple rounds of this workout. Each week I strived for more and soon I made it a 500 rep workout and that made me feel strong!
This workout is also perfect for any moms that suffer from diastsis recti as it does not involve any planks or crunches. If you need to stay away from push ups too, do them on your knees, against a wall, or with support underneath your abdominal (think stability or bosu ball).
Next time your little one(s) is napping, carve out some time for your fitness and try this workout- you won’t regret it. After all, taking care of you first is crucial to being the best mom you can be.
[bctt tweet=”Can’t wait to try this new #naptime workout featuring @MuscleNMunchkin! Details #ontheblog! #sweatpink @fitapproach”]
Are you a mom? A woman looking to find your fit? I’d love to connect with you: visit my blog, like my Facebook page and follow me on pinterest & instagram.
Blog: Muscles & Munchkins
Facebook: Muscles & Munchkins
Linking up with Jill today too!
Ya’ll don’t forget to check out Hollie’s blog and PIN that workout!
And don’t forget to take the BLOG SURVEY for your chance to win a $20 Amazon Card!!
So….the blog got a little facelift. I’ve been wanting to change the theme for a few weeks now. I decided on a new theme yesterday and I just couldn’t resist waiting til the weekend to get it all set up. That being said, I’ll get everything updated and looking pretty by Monday! So excited!
What does your weekend look like?! I’m taking the rest of the day ‘off-ish’, working at Starbucks for a bit and then playing fashion show for my mom and sister for a bit. The Hubs and I need to do a little shopping for our Boston Wedding Weekend, next weekend. I need to figure out my outfit!!! I have like 4 options and can’t decide – I wish I could wear them all! So, we have some shopping to do and I’m trying to get ahead on some things so I can enjoy next weekend!
So, tell me:
What are you up to this weekend?
Mom’s, do you do naptime workouts?!