Perfect for Easter brunch [or any other morning!] these Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Raspberry Maple Syrup are dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar free!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes with Raspberry Maple Syrup
Happy (Fierce Female) Friday, Ya’ll!
Are you totally drooling over these pancakes? Both my hands are in the air, here. The best part is that they are gluten-free AND vegan AND refined sugar free…meaning pancakes that are healthy, giving you a solid dose of nutrition, while still tasting good.
Before we get to the recipe, let’s do our usual Fierce Female Friday introductions. The AMAZING Kat Condon has shared a tasty recipe on the blog before and she is back today with a recipe perfect for any lazy morning.
- Tell us: who you are, what you do, where you are from. My name is Kat Condon and I am a certified Holistic Health Coach, soon to be personal trainer, recipe curator, and all out foodie. I spend my days creating healthy recipes, snapping photos of food and of course, working out!
- What is your mission? What are you passionate about? What gets you out of bed in the morning?
My mission and #1 passion is to reach as many women and young girls as I can in hopes of changing not only their skewed perceptions of themselves but also of what they think they need to be. The world doesn’t get to tell you who you need to be, what you need to look like, or how you need to act!
- What is the #1 healthy living tip that you swear by? My #1 healthy living tip is to just LET IT GO [yep – let’s all start singing! You know the tune!]. Whatever happened last year, yesterday, or two second ago – if we let the past dictate our future, we aren’t learning or growing in any way, shape or form. Learn from those mistakes or circumstances – then let it go. Don’t let it ruin the progress you can make RIGHT NOW.
- What is the biggest challenge to healthy living and how do you deal with it? The biggest challenge for me is not allowing outside factors to dictate how I feel about myself or my lifestyle. For some reason those who choose to live healthy lifestyles get branded as “weird” or “extreme” and sometimes that can be hard to handle, especially comments from family members! I try to remember that my eating habits and my fitness regimen are whats best for me and make me happy – I dont do it to please anyone else!
- Share a random fun fact about yourself we should know. Random fact – I have once eaten 6 donuts in one day. My best friend and I had a day off from school and decided we wanted to eat donuts all day and watch re-runs of our favorite shows. I’ve never felt so sick in my life.
- Favorite meal / snack / ingredient to cook with? My favorite snack changes with the weather but currently I can’t get enough of Cuties! I eat them by themselves, on salads, in yogurt, with almonds or even with dark chocolate. I’m obsessed.
Now, on to what you’ve all been waiting for!
Hello Burpees for Breakfast readers!
I’m Kat and I’m going to be taking over Jen’s awesome blog space today to share the perfect recipe for your upcoming Easter brunch. Not celebrating Easter? That’s ok! These Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes are perfect for any occasion – heck, I’ve even ate them for dinner!
First things first – I need to confess something. You see, I have a chocolate addict for a husband. Which, seeing as how I could easily out eat him in a chocolate eating contest, makes sense for us to be together. The real kicker though? I’m really a complete and total health nerd. I say nerd because I really am obsessed with learning about health and fitness [which is why I adore Jen’s blog!]. I read articles, study journals, and am constantly pushing myself to reach PRs in the gym [just hit 210lbs on squat!]. My husband though? His idea of healthy is a chocolate muffin and a Dr.Pepper.
Opposites attract folks.
My point is, these vegan chocolate chip pancakes were created for the sole purpose to curb my husband’s need for a sugary breakfast while also trying to keep him from going into a sugar coma before his 30th birthday. So what did I do? Totally tricked him.
My dear hubby had no idea that these pancakes were made sans gluten, dairy, butter, or sugar. He thought he was pulling a fast one on me when I brought these to him at the table but in fact the opposite was true.
So yes – I totally tricked my husband into eating vegan chocolate chip pancakes. Kat -1 Husband – 0
To my credit though, I did tell him eventually. It was just after he had licked the plate clean.
To his credit, he did know something was off the second I poured the Raspberry Maple Syrup onto the pancakes. He typically uses straight up processed pancake syrup and he pours it on by the gallon. He gave me a raised eyebrow upon seeing his chocolate chip pancakes coated in a raspberry syrup, but he just shrugged and shoveled a bite into his mouth.
Kat – 2 Husband – 0
This syrup is bright, flavorful, fruity, and slightly tangy yet subtly sweet. In other words – I freaking adore it. I wanted to find another way to sneak in some more fruit onto my husband’s plate besides the plain raspberries that he so kindly shoved to the side, so blending said berries with 100% real maple syrup seemed like a perfect idea.
And it totally was my friends. Kat – 3 Husband – 0
So besides these vegan chocolate chip pancakes aiding me in my quest to secretly get my husband to fall in love with healthier foods, they are also 100% delicious, easy to make, and my favorite pancake recipe ever – vegan or not.
And I’ve eaten a lot of pancakes people. Your talking to the girl who went to physical therapy once a week for 2 months for a knee injury and went out to breakfast each time and ordered – your guessed it! – pancakes. You could say they are kind of my thing [just don’t tell Mr. Waffle, my waffle iron].
Make them for your husband, for your family, or just for yourelf but for the love of all things delicious, just make them! And of course, the raspberry maple syrup is not optional.
Thanks to Jen for allowing me to take over her blog today and share these amazing husband-fooling pancakes. I hope you’ll come visit me over at my blog, Katalyst Health, where you can find more delicious [and always gluten-free!] recipes, health tips, and the occasional workout. Hope to see you there!
So, this could have very easily been me telling the exact story about my husband. He puts syrup AND powdered sugar on his mound of pancakes. We were out of syrup and he had to use honey this weekend and was so upset about it. If Kat’s hubs could be fooled by these cakes, I know mine will be too. Shhh, don’t tell him!
Tomorrow is my last day of teaching my Saturday class, which I’m doing right after a client. Plus, I have my first long run of my half marathon training – a big 5 miler. AND The Hubs and I are planning a date day as well. All this to say, these pancakes will be consumed tomorrow, at some point…likely 2 batches #sorrynotsorry.
In addition to the things mentioned above, I’m also helping set up for church tomorrow night, then it’s Easter on Sunday, followed by food at my parents and a (hopefully) lazy rest of the day!
So, tell me:
Favorite kind of pancakes?
Do you ever trick your loved ones into eating healthy food?!
What are you doing this weekend?!