You are going to love this Slider Workout. Seven core moves to challenge your limit of stability and work toward building a strong core! Check out the workout and all the details in the latest installment of this month’s Inspired To Be Fit.
Paper Plate Core Slider Workout
Happy Monday! Sunny weather for you this weekend? It was so beautiful all weekend! I think Spring is here!
As you know, this month, we are talking all things CORE on Inspired To Be Fit. Last week, I shared a brand new oblique workout and the week before, a stability ball workout. Today, I’ve got a fun core slider workout. You’ll need a set of sliders or, in my case, a set of paper plates!
Now, word of advice, don’t do this workout outside on the concrete, with paper plates. Turns out that it’s not super easy to slide the plates on your heels and holes form during the mt. climbers and plank jacks. If you go outside, get actual sliders. Or hang inside on the carpet. You’ll notice my struggles in the video.
- Interval Timer (I don’t go anywhere without my MiniMax)
- Sliders or Paper Plates
Set timer for :45 seconds work | :15 sec rest | 7 rounds. Complete 4 sets, resting up to :30 sec between sets.
[bctt tweet=”Can’t wait to try this new Paper Plate CORE Slider Workout #ontheblog! #sweatpink @fitapproach” username=”burpees4bfast”]
- FULL CRUNCH: With heels on sliders, lay flat with arms overhead. Scoop abdominals and reach up, while sliding legs in toward to the midline. **MOD: only bring in one leg at a time or use without sliders.
- PLANK ARM WALKOUT: Assume hand plank position, core tight, pelvis tucked, glutes & quads engaged. Plates or sliders should be under hands. Slowly slide out one arm, while maintaining plank, then return to start. Then move the other arm. ** MOD: Perform without sliders and tap hand instead of slide.
- SLIDER MT. CLIMBERS: Assume hand plank position, core tight, pelvis tucked, glutes & quads engaged. Plates or sliders should be under feet. Perform mt. climbers by sliding feet up, alternating, towards your elbows. **MOD: Perform without sliders.
- PLANK JACKS: Assume Hand or Elbow Plank position. Engaging core and pushing through hands or forearms, hop feet out like a jack. **MOD: Step feet out and in, rather than hop.
- RUSSIAN TWIST w/SLIDERS: Come onto butt, into a V position, with heels on sliders. Grab dumbbell, rotate shoulder girdle from left to right, while maintaining a slight lean back, keeping abdominals contracted. With each rotation, slide one heel towards your butt. Repeat. ** MOD: Remove plates and keep heels on ground or elevated. Remove weight.
- PLANK CROSS BODY SLIDES: Assume hand plank position, core tight, pelvis tucked, glutes & quads engaged. Plates or sliders should be under feet. Engage core and slide left leg up slightly, under the right leg and across. Return to start. Repeat on the right side. **MOD: Remove slider and just tap foot across.
- ARMY CRAWL: Assume hand plank position, core tight, pelvis tucked, glutes & quads engaged. Plates or sliders should be under feet. Use core and upper body to walk toward, feet sliding behind. For Gorilla (?? i think) Walk, keep feet on sliders and press back with upper body and core. Demo in video.
Don’t forget to add your fitness related posts to the link-up below! While we know nutrition plays a huge role in fitness and overall healthy living, Jill and I would like ITBF to focus totally on the fitness aspect of healthy living. We’d like this to be a go-to resource for workouts and fitness information, motivation and support. If you have a delicious recipe to share (and we know many of you do), come back on Friday and link-up with Living a Life of Fitness Health & Happiness.
[bctt tweet=”Join the party! Add your fitness posts to Inspired To Be Fit Link-up! @jillconyers @fitapproach #sweatpink”]
Linking up for Wild Workout Wednesday!
Don’t forget to check out Jill’s workout!
How was your weekend?! Friday was good, I do remember that. However, I can’t remember what I did aside from hang with my mom for a bit..oh, laundry. Blech. Saturday, The Hubs and I drive about 1.5hr away to hang with my Omi and cousin. We had a tasty lunch and a good drive down. Our drive up took FOREVER, but we ended up confirming a mini cruise over 4th of July weekend with our besties in Cali!!
Sunday we slept in, went to church, went grocery shopping, I did a bit of food prep, had a personal trainer meeting and came home to sushi for dinner! It was about 75 / 80 degrees all weekend, so I certainly made the most of it! Another 82 degree day today! And sun!!
I got to sleep in a bit this morning! My 5:20am client wanted to sleep in, so we moved her session to Tuesday! Meaning, I’m about to leave for an 8am client and then my day is free!! Kind of…I’m planning on knocking out my desk since I didn’t get to work on it at all this weekend. Then do the food prep I should have done yesterday.
Last week before the full time gig starts on Monday. I’m so pumped. I haven’t bought ‘real clothes’ aka, not workout clothes in probably nearly a year. So, this week, I’m trying stuff on, getting some new stuff, including these new kicks!
So, tell me:
Have you used sliders to workout before?
What did you do this weekend?!
- Instagram: burpeesforbreakfast
- Twitter: burpees4bfast
- Pinterest: burpees4bfast
- Bloglovin: Burpees for Breakfast
- Facebook: Burpees for Breakfast
[inlinkz_linkup id=621883 mode=1]