Plank workouts can make your core hurt so good. That’s what this quickie workout delivers – that hurt so good feeling. With only a few moves, this plank workout delivers in just under 10 minutes. Check out the workout and all the details in the latest installment of this month’s Inspired To Be Fit.
10 Minute Strong Core Quickie Plank Workout
Hi Friends and Happy Monday!
It’s my first day at my new job! Eek! Before we chat about that, let’s get to the workout of the day!
As you know, this month, we are talking all things CORE on Inspired To Be Fit. We’ve talked a slider paper plate workout, an oblique workout and a stability ball workout. Today, it’s time to plank with a quickie plank workout!
[bctt tweet=”Brand new Quickie Plank Workout! #plank #fitfluential @fitfluential” username=”burpees4bfast”]
I’ll confess, at one point (actually, more like 3 or 4), I held a 5 minute plank. I was pretty proud of myself. I worked at it for a while. I think alot of people get caught up in doing an X minute plank. The deal is, if you are truly bracing your core, you should start shaking at :30 seconds. Meaning, if you are holding a 5 minute plank, you might be relying on other muscles to keep you afloat. I love the plank for so many reasons. One of which is because it works all muscular systems of our core.
This plank workout will have your core muscles hurting, oh so good. It will also challenge your balance and stability, characteristic of a well rounded workout.
- Interval Timer (I don’t go anywhere without my MiniMax)
Set timer for :30 seconds of work | :30 seconds of work/rest | 10 rounds. You’ll complete all the moves 1 time through, for 30 seconds each, then rest 30 seconds. Complete 4 times total.
- PLANK SHOULDER & KNEE TAPS w/LEG LIFT: Assume plank position with legs wide. Lift right hand to left shoulder, left hand to right shoulder. Then right hand to left knee and left hand to right knee. Finally, squeeze right glute and lift leg. Do the same thing on the left. Repeat.
- SIDE PLANK CRUNCHES: Assume side plank, keeping elbow stacked under your shoulder, hips lifted. Either stack feet or stagger your stance. Slowly bring top knee to top elbow. Return to start. ** For variation, just hold side plank or perform movement on box or step.
- TRIANGLE PLANK HOPS: Assume plank position, hop right, hop left, then hop back center to plank position. Repeat both ways.
- SEESAW PLANK: Assume elbow plank position. Push off the balls of your feet and rock back and forth (not up and down).
[bctt tweet=”Can’t wait to try this new Plank Workout! Details #ontheblog! #sweapink @fitapproach” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Don’t forget to add your fitness related posts to the link-up below! While we know nutrition plays a huge role in fitness and overall healthy living, Jill and I would like ITBF to focus totally on the fitness aspect of healthy living. We’d like this to be a go-to resource for workouts and fitness information, motivation and support. If you have a delicious recipe to share (and we know many of you do), come back on Friday and link-up with Living a Life of Fitness Health & Happiness.
[bctt tweet=”Join the party! Add your fitness posts to Inspired To Be Fit Link-up! @jillconyers @fitapproach #sweatpink”]
Linking up for Wild Workout Wednesday!
Don’t forget to check out Jill’s workout!
How was your weekend, friends?! It was sunny and warm all weekend and it was wonderful! Friday, I went shopping with my mom in the morning, getting some new work clothes! Came home to do some work, relax and hang out with The Hubs. We slept in on Saturday, then got brunch with his parents. I spent the afternoon finalizing some client plans and making sure everyone was taken care of starting this week! Sunday, I spent the morning helping out at church. After a little grocery shopping, I picked up my new shoes, did some last minute shopping, picked out an outfit and had sushi with The Hubs. I also took my cortisol saliva test and vitamin d blood tests yesterday. Sending everything today.
First day of work. I’m pumped, ya’ll. It’s a day of orientation and training, so maybe not too exciting, but I’m still looking forward to it. Keep your eye balls on Instagram for my outfit pick!
Also, don’t forget to enter the #BeTrueToYourCore Core Hydration Giveaway! You have until Tuesday night!
So, tell me:
Favorite moves to incorporate into a plank workout?!
What did you do this weekend?!
- Instagram: burpeesforbreakfast
- Twitter: burpees4bfast
- Pinterest: burpees4bfast
- Bloglovin: Burpees for Breakfast
- Facebook: Burpees for Breakfast
[inlinkz_linkup id=621884 mode=1]