Having Girl Boss Self Care Tips is one of the most important and sometimes overlooked aspects of running your own business. Prioritizing self-care is crucial if you want to successfully manage the work- life balance.
3 Girl Boss Self Care Tips You Need to Prioritize
It’s FRIDAY!! Anyone else super pumped?! I’m always excited for Friday’s these days.
While technically, I’m wearing my stylish #girlboss hat as much as I used to these days, I still want to be able to share some tips with you on a monthly basis. Lately, I feel like I’ve been beating a dead horse with my constant talk of self-care and ‘listening to your body‘, but it’s only because it’s serious so so important. It’s also something I think I neglected in my full-time #girlboss stint.
Related: 5 Tips for An Aspiring Girl Boss
Girl boss self care tips will be different for every #girlboss, but I’m pretty sure the base ideas will be consistent across the board.
[bctt tweet=”#Girlboss? Here’s 3 Self Care Tips you need to prioritize. #sweatpink @fitapproach” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Girl Boss Self Care Tips #1: Establish a Self Care Routine
Heh, see what I did there. Number 1 rule is to establish a self-care routine. I recommend doing this at the beginning. If not, you will constantly tell yourself that you need to create a routine and because your to-do list FOREVER long, it will get shuffled around and moved and pushed off, until that moment comes when all hell breaks lose and the one thing you need at that exact moment is a self-care routine.
Being a girlboss is a crazy ride and an emotional roller coaster. While you need something in those moments when you just don’t want to do life for like 5 minutes, it’s also important to have something in place during the good times. Here are some different ideas:
- Create a morning routine
- Create an evening routine
- Practice alternate nostril breathing
- Establish a workout routine – lift heavy, HIIT it hard or yoga
Girl Boss Self Care Tips #2: Find a hobby(ies) unrelated to your line of work
This one, though. I decided to start my business because I loved working out and helping other people find workouts they enjoy…plus other stuff. But the base line was: I enjoyed fitness, I became a personal trainer, I wanted to inspire others with fitness. Similar with nutrition.
So, my full-time business was fitness / nutrition. My hobbies were working out and cooking…and reading about fitness and nutrition. See where I’m going here. Eventually, I got a little burnt out because it seemed like everything I did, even in the little bit of downtime I gave myself, was related to my business. I didn’t have a hard line of separation.
When backed off training clients and running bootcamps, I had some free time, of course. I always want to be busy and do something, so my first step was to just not do anything, for like a week. Just stop. Just be. Then when I wanted to start doing something, I picked up a fun book or two. After that, I started thinking about other hobbies/stress relievers. I saw a video on someone doing calligraphy on Insta and I was mesmerized. I knew that would be my next hobby.
I’ve always loved art and being crafty and I enjoy doodling/lettering. I think this is going to be perfect – totally unrelated to fitness/nutrition/blogging – that I can do fairly easily. And what’s better, I’m pretty sure it’s going to be SO FUN! I haven’t signed up for a class yet, but I’ll keep you posted.
[bctt tweet=”3 Girl Boss Self Care Tips YOU Need To Prioritize. #fitfluential @fitfluential #girlboss” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Girl Boss Self Care Tips #3: Give yourself a break – and take it.
When we decide to wear the #girlboss hat, we all know that with it comes a shit-ton of hustle and hard work. It’s INCREDIBLY easy to blur the work-life balance line, especially when your business is your hobby, and if you don’t have a self-care routine in place. I can’t count the number of times I would get up at 4:30am for my 5:20am client, get back home after more clients by 10 or 10:30am, do some research, blog a bit, workout, do a bit more research, take a break for dinner, then spent more time on my laptop at night, with a TV show in the background. It was just constant work.
In the beginning, I would even feel guilty, at times, for taking a break. And when I did give myself a break, I would still make sure that my Instagram posts were queued up to be shared and that my Buffer was never empty.
It stresses me out a bit just to type that, ya’ll! You will never be your best self and be able to give 100% to your clients, if you don’t take time for yourself.
Let me say it again: You, #girlboss, MUST take time for yourself, if you want to be able to give 100% to your business and your clients. Burnout comes easy and if you don’t have safeguards in place to help deal with it when it comes, or prevent it, it’s not going to be pretty.
[bctt tweet=”You will never be your best self and be able to give 100% to your clients, if you don’t take time for yourself. #girlboss #truthbomb” username=”burpees4bfast”]
More Girl Boss Self Care Tips
Looking for more? I asked some of my favorite #girlbosses in The Fitpreneur Life Group for some of their best girl boss self care tips. These ladies are not only amazingly awesome #fitbosses, but they are so wise! I love all these tips. Check them out:
- I think scheduling breaks throughout your day is super important for your own sanity and to just step back, clear your mind, and get a fresh perspective! Also, a morning cup of coffee and fresh air is a nice way to start the day!! | Sarah – The Fit Niche
- Sleep!! As girl bosses we tend to fall into the trap of staying up late to get work done but that only leads to lack of sleep and can end up with adrenal fatigue and other health issues. Stick to a certain bedtime every night and be efficient with your work during the day. | Sabrina – Sabrina Sarabella
- I think setting realistic goals is important. Sometimes it’s easy to see what everyone else appears to be doing and falling into the comparison trap (I read that somewhere!) can be harmful for your mental state. | Michelle – Fruition Fitness
- Social Media Sabbath. Every Sunday I unplug and it does wonders for my attitude and energy. | Pamela H.
- Workout! When I start my day with a good workout, I have more energy and motivation to complete my work tasks. | Jill – Jill Jacobs
- Family first! Fit those most important big rocks in FIRST! If not- there’s no room for all the little rocks. |Melisa – Picasso Jasper
It’s Father’s Day weekend and we have 2 dad’s to celebrate on Saturday AND Sunday. Plus, I’m planning on knocking out some blog posts to prep for our cruise in 2 weeks! And one of our friends is moving and I think The Hubs is going to sucker me into helping out. Now, fun updates:
- The Winner of YourHolistically Hot Transformation Book Giveaway is… Kristina of Girl Loves Kale! Love that pink hair! Don’t forget to grab a copy of the book, if you haven’t already!
- Remember how I’ve been telling you that I’m going to finish my desk every weekend for, like, the past 2 months. Well, I worked on it last weekend, with the help of The Hubs. He definitely didn’t want to help me with it, initially, but sometimes you just need the strength of a giant man. So, we put together half of it. On Tuesday, during work, he texted me a picture of the finished desk!!!! Isn’t he THE BEST! I’m currently typing on it and enjoying NOT sitting down. Painting it this weekend and I’ll FINALLY share pics via Insta.
- My 2nd Fix (<– affiliate) came on Tuesday as well and I kept EVERYTHING! I wasn’t so sure about some pieces as I pulled them out of the box, but everything ended up looking great and even got approval from The Man. I’ve worn a piece from the box every day since. Including my outfit for work today! I’ll share a recap post soon!
- Which you will be able to see on Instagram (later) along with my SHORT HAIR!!! I’ve been growing it out since the wedding last year and I couldn’t take it anymore. I got it cut…on Tuesday as well and I’m loving it. I’m just a short hair kinda girl.
So, tell me:
What are your Girl Boss Self Care Tips?