This Park Bench Workout AMRAP Circuit is a perfect quick, but effective summer workout. All you need is a park bench and a timer. Get a workout in and still enjoy the summer sun!
Park Bench Workout AMRAP Circuit
Happy Monday! Today, as promised, I’m digging back into the archives to update some of my old workout posts. This gem is from over 2 years ago, originally published, July 11, 2014! Say what?! This was just a few short months after I really started blogging and enjoying sharing workouts. And it’s rather timely, as we still have a bit of summer left and this workout is great for outdoors. If you decide not to do this outside, you can do it indoors with a box/step.
I did tweak this post, just a bit, to make it a little more readable, including correcting some grammar mistakes. I was all about having every word be lower case. My husband, my friend at the time, basically told me it was a dumb idea and I wouldn’t like it moving forward. He was right…but don’t tell him that! I’m always right! Ooooo, and updated photos!
[bctt tweet=”Park Bench Workout AMRAP Circuit! New and improved #ontheblog! #fitfluential @fitfluential” username=”burpees4bfast”]
It’s Fit Friday again here at Burpees for Breakfast!
Are you ready for the weekend?! I am so glad it is here!
I taught some cardio and core at bootcamp today. My very first time creating a workout and i think it went over pretty well! Core is one of my favorite things to work, so I added some of my favorite exercises to the circuit.
Today, I’ve got a park bench workout amrap circuit for you guys. With it being summer and all, I love getting outside on nice days for a walk, run or workout. This workout is perfect for outdoors, or even inside. All you really need is a park bench or steps. Lately, I’ve been enjoying shorter workouts. high-intensity workouts are great for burning fat and getting your heart rate up.
Related: Wo(Man) Makers AMRAP Workout
- Interval Timer (I don’t go anywhere without my MiniMax)
This workout is only 12 minutes long, but you can certainly increase your time, if you want a longer workout. Set your timer for 12 minutes. Aim to get through as many rounds as possible (amrap) in the 12 minutes, completing 8 reps of each exercise. * indicates both sides.
Here is the original graphic!
And the new & improved:
- SKATERS: Coming into an athletic stance, ball at chest, jump from right to left, ‘rainbowing’ the ball back and forth as you move, landing in heel. Squeeze glutes and inner thighs. Once you get a rhythm down, try to pick up the pace.
- SQUAT JUMP THRUSTS: Assume low squat position with butt back and glutes engaged, chest lifted. Drive through heels and engage glutes and core, to jump up. As you jump, thrust hips slightly forward. Land softly and repeat.
- POWER STEP UP: Standing upright, with shoulders back and down. Step right foot onto the park bench and drive through heel to power up, adding a slight jump at the top of, driving knee high. Lower down and repeat.
- BOX JUMP (PARK BENCH) BURPEE: Standing upright, with shoulders back and down, come into a squat, bringing hands in front of you on the ground. Either step or jump both legs back into a plank position, immediately lowering down, touching chest to ground. Push back up, keeping core contracted, snap hips and jump or step feet back up towards hands, coming back into squat position. Drive through heels and jump up onto the bench, landing in a squat position. Hop back down and repeat. ** as a modification, step back into plank and step up/down from the bench.
[bctt tweet=”Can’t wait to try this UPDATED park bench workout! #sweatpink @fitapproach” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Don’t forget to add your fitness related posts to the link-up below! Any fitness post – it doesn’t have to be on the specific topic! Share your wonderful workouts, recent accomplishments, healthy recipes that fuel your fitness and motivation to push through when life is busy or the workout is a challenge with a community that shares a passion for fitness.
[bctt tweet=”Join the party! Add your fitness posts to Inspired To Be Fit Link-up! @jillconyers @bikiniexp @fitapproach” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Linking up for Wild Workout Wednesday!
How was your weekend?!
Friday night, I left work a little early and we headed to the In Laws for dinner…
I taught my class Saturday morning – arms and abs – then headed to the farmer’s market. I got home just in time to take Oscar to training. Overall, he’s a great dog. He doesn’t really bark, he shakes, sits down. We are still not 100% sure that he knows his name is Oscar, as he doesn’t always come when we call (we call him: Bud, Buddy, Big Kid often). Really, we want him to be leash trained and if that’s the only thing we get out of 6 weeks of training, I’ll be happy. Our trainer is awesome! We got him a gentle leader and it’s already helped tremendously!
Saturday night was full of being sick from food poisoning, which made Sunday an incredibly lazy day. Movies in bed pretty much the entire day and lots of Oscar snuggles. I’m feeling much better today and looking forward to another week!
So, tell me:
What moves would you add to a park bench workout?
What did you do this weekend?!
- Instagram: burpeesforbreakfast
- Twitter: burpees4bfast
- Pinterest: burpees4bfast
- Bloglovin: Burpees for Breakfast
- Facebook: Burpees for Breakfast
[inlinkz_linkup id=651042 mode=1]