Open Ear Wireless Headphones, from AfterShokz, bring patented bone conduction technology, initially developed for military special operations and law enforcement, to deliver premium stereo sound, the promise of safety and comfort that is second to none. Check out my 3 reasons why you need to get a pair today!
3 Reasons You Need a Pair of Open Ear Wireless Headphones
Disclaimer: I was provided a pair of AfterShokz Trekz Titanium Pink through my partnership with Fit Approach, in exchange for an honest review. As always, all opinions are my own.
My new favorite pink accessory – Open Ear Wireless Headphones. AfterShokz Trekz Titanium Pink to be exact. Y’all, they are PINK! And what’s better, this is a product with a purpose! With October right around the corner, AfterShokz is joining the fight against breast and ovarian cancer by going (Bright) Pink! Their limited edition Trekz Titanium Pink Open Ear Wireless Headphones are designed to keep you aware, but in more than one way. For every unit sold on aftershokz.com through October 31, 2016, AfterShokz will donate 25% of proceeds to Bright Pink, a non-profit that focuses on breast and ovarian cancer awareness and action.
How awesome, right?
AfterShokz launched in 2011, bringing patented bone conduction technology to the consumer electronics industry with their unique headphones. Initially developed for military special operations and law enforcement Voxtech in 2001, AfterShokz designed sport and Bluetooth(R) bone conduction headphones priced for everyday use. What sets AfterShokz headphones apart from any other brand is the unique open ear design, allowing users to remain aware of their surroundings while they listen to premium stereo sound.
So, I knew these headphones sat on my cheekbone, but for some reason when I put them on, I put them in my ears! Force of habit, I guess. To be honest, it was a little wonky having my headphones outside my ears, but over the past 2 weeks, I’ve grown to appreciate this technology. I’m one that likes my music pretty loud when I’m at the gym. It pumps me up and keeps me motivated throughout my workout. The first couple times I wore my open ear wireless headphones, my music was so soft. I wasn’t sure I would like them. On the third time, I turned up the volume on my phone…and it was so loud! Turns out, my phone volume was turned all the way down, while the AfterShokz volume was turned all the way up! [insert crying because it’s laughing so hard smiley face emoji here]
And last funny story, or not so funny for my husband, before I tell you why you need to get a pair of open ear wireless headphones. Like wired headphones, there is a little button that can be clicked to skip or pause a song. Well, at my workout two weeks ago, I clicked too many times and ended up randomly calling my husband! Luckily, it was 4:30 in the afternoon, so it wasn’t a bit deal. Fast forward to Saturday morning, when I got to the gym at 8:15a to get in my workout before class. I clicked too many times AGAIN and called him. This time I got a text back that said ‘what’. He tends to sleep in on Saturday’s so I felt a little bad for waking him up!
Three lessons learned
- the headphones sit on your cheekbones, not inside your ears.
- make sure to adjust your phone volume and then the AfterShokz volume.
- check to see how many clicks are needed to skip a song / pause a song / call someone, before use!
3 Reasons Why You Need a Pair of Open Ear Wireless Headphones
- To be safe: I listen to (loud) music at the gym. I also walk around our town (usually with Oscar) listening to podcasts. With headphones in my ears, pretty much every other sound is blocked out. I’m certainly in my own little world in the gym. I thought wearing open ear wireless headphones would bring in all kinds of noise around me, but it really doesn’t. I am still aware of my surroundings, but I can still jam out to my music as I lift heavy things.
- No more cords: Y’all, one of my WORST pet peeves about the gym is the cord from my headphones. I usually wear an armband, headphone cord coming out of the bottom. I’ll put the bud in my left ear, toss the cord behind me and tuck the cord to the right bud under the strap of my tank and into my ear. It’s an ordeal. And the cord gets in the way with things like bicep curls or plank shoulder taps. With AfterShokz, NO. MORE. CORDS. No more cords, no more hassle, no more re-adjusting. And…
- No more arm band: Anyone else have an arm band and the more you sweat, the more it stretches, until it breaks? Luckily, my current band is pretty sturdy, but I used to go through arm bands all the time. And trying to find one that actually fit the size of my phone. Chore. Because AfterShokz syncs to your phone via Bluetooth, I can lay my phone on the bench next to my water bottle and get my workout on without having to worry.
Really, these headphones making working out much easier. They also make taking gym selifes easier because I don’t have to fiddle with my armband/headphones! And yes, I can do burpees without them falling off. #WIN3 Reasons Why You NEED a Pair of Open Ear Wireless Headphones @AfterShokz @FitApproach #sweatpink… Click To Tweet
Overall, I definitely recommend this open ear wireless headphones. My only ‘con’ would be that they have to be charged and this girl doesn’t always remember to keep her electronic devices charged. I’ve been carrying around the cable in my little pouch with the headphones, so I can charge them at work, if needed. Other than that, I’ve been enjoying them during workouts and podcast walks!
The Hubs even likes them and is secure enough in his masculinity that he is more than willing to wear them. He hasn’t worked out in a hot minute, so instead, since he’s got a birthday coming up in a couple weeks, I ordered a pair of the Gamez headphones, so he can be a slightly more stylish computer game nerd when talking to his nerd friends. Plus, they are army green and MASH is his favorite show. Works out perfectly!
- 25% of proceeds from each unit sold on aftershokz.com until October 31, 2016 will be donated to Bright Pink to educate and spread awareness about breast and ovarian cancer.
- Every time #AwareWithPink is shared on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, AfterShokz will donate 25 cents to Bright Pink to help fund their continued efforts to educate the masses.
- Trekz Titanium Pink are a limited-edition offering designed to keep you aware in more than one way. The open ear design of these hot pink headphones will keep you aware of your surroundings while you enjoy your music and calls.
- Trekz Titanium Pink are wireless, sweat resistant and perfect for fitness enthusiasts. They don’t go inside or over your ears, so you don’t need to worry about them falling out mid-workout! (<–SO TRUE!!)
- Trekz Titanium Pink are super flexible and lightweight with their titanium frame, and they’ll stay in place, no matter what you put them through. Handstands? Backflips? No problem!
- You’ve got the perfect workout partner with Trekz Titanium Pink, and they’ll keep you company for 6+ hours without needing a charge (that’s more than we can say for most workout buddies) 😉
- Trekz Titanium Pink are IP55 rated – which technically means you can hose them down and they’ll survive. Don’t go swimming with them, but rain and excessive sweat won’t do damage!
One final gift
AfterShokz is offering readers a chance to get a FREE case with the purchase of AfterShokz Pink Trekz!!!! In order to get the free case, you need to add the small case to your cart and then enter the code PinkGift. The code won’t apply to the order with no case in the cart.Use code: PinkGift to get a FREE small carrying case for @AfterShokz Titanium Trekz Pink!… Click To Tweet
Learn more about how the brand inspires users to #beopen and #hearitall at aftershokz.com
Did you all have a good weekend? Hopefully you saw some of this weekends shenanigans over on Instagram! Girls weekends are seriously the best, but it was also really fun to come to hugs from The Hubs and small tail wagging attacks from Oscar.
So, tell me:
Have you ever tried open ear wireless headphones?
What did you do this weekend?