Are you ready for the Gilmore Girls Revival Workout?! Get in a workout AND watch the new episodes all at the same time. No equipment necessary!
Gilmore Girls Revival Workout
Happy Thanksgiving Week AND Gilmore Girls Revival Week!
Y’all, I cannot even hardly wait for Friday! Not only does it mean all Christmas music all day AND decorating the Christmas tree (and apartment), but it means a full day of watching Gilmore Girls. I finished the entire series last weekend, so I’m ready for the new episodes.
[bctt tweet=”Gilmore Girls Revival Bodyweight Workout (w/download)! #fitfluential @fitfluential #gilmoregirlsrevival” username=”burpees4bfast”]
I wanted to a little something fun for Black Friday and instead of a Black Friday workout, I thought a Girlmore Girls Revival Workout would be much more fun. In all honesty, I’m not heading to the gym on Friday. I’m planning to do a little shopping in the morning with my cousins and then it’s a full afternoon/evening of Gilmore Girls and tree decorating. Since I’ll very likely be sitting for a looooong time, I wanted to create a workout that got me moving, without being drenched in sweat.
Related: Sleek & Strong Leg Bodyweight HIIT Workout
- Device for watching Gilmore Girls Revival
Complete RX reps or time, based on character or scene. Keep track of how many sets/reps/time on the print off below!
This Gilmore Girls Revival Workout is all bodyweight, but feel free to add in dumbbells, if you prefer. Also, for Burpees the ‘La La’ Song(s) I’m referring to are the one’s that play throughout the episode, by the same sing that does the intro song, which also counts.
- JUMPING JACKS
- SQUAT WITH KNEE RAISE: Stand upright, shoulders back and down, pelvis slightly tucked. Bring hands behind your head, elbows out. Perform a squat. As you stand, draw left knee up towards your chest and touch to right elbow in a twist. Repeat on the other side.
- PUSH-UPS: Assume hand plank position (wrists under shoulders, fingers spread wide – gripping mat, heels shooting to the back of the room, core tight, pelvis slightly tucked). Perform a push-up.
- 3-POINT LUNGES: Perform a front lunge, side lunge and reverse lunge. On the front lunge, add extra by performing a frontal raise. On the reverse lunge, add extra by twisting to the side of the leg that is in front.
- BEAR TUCK PLANKS: Assume tabletop position (wrists under shoulders, fingers spread wide – gripping mat, knees under hips). Curl toes under and lift knees slightly. Keeping back FLAT and BUTT DOWN, move one leg out, then the other into plank position. Hold a few seconds and then move back into bear tuck.
- PLANK KICKS: Assume elbow plank position with pelvis slightly tucked and glutes engaged. Lift leg a few inches off the ground, tap right foot to the side, followed by the left. Come back into hand plank.
- WALL SIT: With pelvis slightly tucked and lower back pressed to the wall, lower so that knees are at 90 degrees. Make sure those legs are at 90!
- BICYCLES: Lay on back, with pelvis slightly tucked and lower back pressed to the group. Bring hands behind head and elbows out. Knees should be bent at 90 degrees and quads stacked over hips. Keep the 90 degree angle at the hip. Bring left elbow to right knee, as the left leg lowers to the ground. Then, bring right elbow to left knee as the right leg lowers to the ground.
- BUPREES: Standing upright, with shoulders back and down, come into a squat, bringing hands in front of you on the ground. Either step or jump both legs back into a plank position, immediately lowering down, touching chest to ground. Push back up, keeping core contracted, snap hips and jump or step feet back up towards hands, coming back into squat position. Drive through heels and jump up.
Stand upright, shoulders back and down, pelvis slightly tucked. Perform a squat, while touching right hand to ground. As you stand, draw left knee up towards your chest and touch to right elbow in a twist. Repeat on the other side.
Related: 6 Move Full Body Cardio Workout
[bctt tweet=”Can’t wait to try this Gilmore Girls Revival Workout (w/download) ! @fitapproach #sweatpink” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Don’t miss a move, PLUS keep track of all your reps. Download the pint off below!
CLICK THE IMAGE OR DOWNLOAD HERE
How was your weekend?! Ours was cold! Friday it was 70 and sunny. When I walked outside Saturday morning to head to the gym, it was 40 and snowing! Friday, the hubs and I had an early dinner of cereal and just hang out together. Nothing too crazy. Saturday, I PR’d my regular deadlift at the gym (155# baby), did a workout, then taught a class. Normally, when I sub, I have 3 people, ax (it’s a small local gym). But I had 5 ladies this week and they were awesome! Short and sweet workout, which they all enjoyed. I make breakfast, got ready and the Hubs and I met his parents at the theater to see Fantastic Beasts.
I’m still working through the first Harry Potter book, but for a few weeks at the end of October and early November, we watched the moves back to back…a few times. We were super pumped to see this movie coming out and we loved it! So so great! Sunday, I ran some errands in the morning, got some ornaments for the tree and cleaned the house a bit. We had a game afternoon with a couple of our pals (we played Munchkin) and enjoyed some wine and desserts. Spaghetti for dinner and a night of movies/loving on Oscar.
I’m particularly excited for this week, because I only have work Monday and Tuesday! Day off Wednesday means a dentist appointment (bleeeeeeccchhh) and a date with my Boo to get our tree! Then Thanksgiving and GILMORE GIRLS!!
So, tell me:
Are you watching the Gilmore Girls Revival?
What are your Thanksgiving plans?