This Bodyweight Cardio Interval Workout is a perfect quickie workout, great if you are traveling or short on time. No equipment necessary! Grab this final workout in the Holiday HIIT 20 Series!
20 Minute Bodyweight Cardio Interval HIIT Workout
Hiiiiii! Happy Monday!
It’s the last week of the Holiday HIIT 20 Series! Last week, I shared probably my favorite, a Mini Resistance Band 16 Minute Circuit. I just love that mini band! You’ve also received a 15 Minute Bodyweight HIIT AMRAP and a Full Body Superset HIIT Workout. And, if you are newsletter subscriber, you’ve gotten 2 free workouts for the past 3 weeks! Just giving out free workouts like crazy this month! And today is no different. I’ve got a Bodyweight Cardio Interval Workout that’s only 20 minutes long!
[bctt tweet=”Week 4 of #holidayhiit20! Get the Bodyweight Cardio Interval Circuit #ontheblog! @fitapproach #sweatpink” username=”burpees4bfast”]
My final tip for working out during the holiday season is to do something you love! It’s been tough to find time to workout this month and if I wasn’t doing workouts that I enjoyed, I know there is no way they would get done. You gotta enjoy your workouts, friends!
HOLIDAY HIIT 20 TIP #4: Do what you love! It might not be this workout. Maybe it’s a little yoga or a run outside. Just find movement your body loves and do that! Share your workouts on social and use hashtag #holidayhiit20!
WHAT’S SO SPECIAL ABOUT THIS WORKOUT?
You get to choose! This structure is one of my favorites and I’ve provided you with 4 different cardio options to choose from. If you don’t like any of the options, pick your own. The 3 moves in the circuit are moves that should be taken a bit slower. Focus on the muscles you are working. The cardio intervals give that extra little burst to get your heart rate up.
- Timer (interval or your phone)
Set timer for 4 minutes work | 1 minute cardio | 4 rounds. Complete RX reps of each move, moving through as many arounds of the 3 exercise circuit as possible. When the timer for the 1 minute of cardio beeps, stop where you are in the circuit (ex. rep #6 of deadbug), complete 1 minute of a cardio move of choice. Once complete, pick up the circuit where you left off (ex. rep #7 of deadbug). Rest when needed.
For shoulder taps, knee taps and deadbug, 8 reps EACH SIDE.
- INCHWORM TO SHOULDER TAPS & KNEE TAPS: Stand upright, shoulders back and down, pelvis slightly tucked. Keeping legs straight with just a slight bend in the knee, hinge at your hip and walk out into hand plank position. Lift right hand to left shoulder, left hand to right shoulder. Then right hand to left knee and left hand to right knee. Return to hand plank, then walk back up to the top.
- HAND RELEASE PUSH-UPS TO SUPERMAN ROW: Assume push-up position and slowly (SLOWLY) lower all the way to your belly. Stretch arms out in front of you. Actively engage core, glutes, and lower back muscles, as you bring your arms and legs off the ground, row arms, squeeze at the top, and return to start. ** This move is meant to be slow and controlled!
- DEADBUG: Lay on ground with knees at 90 degrees, neck neutral, arms straight up. Lift tail bone up slightly to allow entire back to touch the ground. Very slowly, lower opposite arm and leg to just hover over the ground. Return to start. **For a modification, just lower 1 arm or 1 leg, rather than both.
- SEAL JACKS: Stand with feet together and arms wide. Hop out with feet and clap arms together. Repeat.
- KNEE KNEE KICK JAB: Standing upright, bring right knee up twice, as arms ‘chop’ down, followed by a side kick with the right leg. Place leg on ground and pivot on the left foot, bringing left arm across body with a punch.
- TWISTING MT. CLIMBERS: Assume hand plank position, core tight, pelvis tucked, glutes & quads engaged. Drive knees up, alternating, towards your elbows. Keep butt down and pelvis tucked.
- BURPEES: Standing upright, with shoulders back and down, come into a squat, bringing hands in front of you on the ground. Either step or jump both legs back into a plank position, immediately lowering down, touching chest to ground. Push back up, keeping core contracted, snap hips and jump or step feet back up towards hands, coming back into squat position. Drive through heels and jump up.
[bctt tweet=”Can’t wait to try this new Bodyweight Cardio Interval Circuit! #holidayhiit20 #fitfluential @fitfluential ” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Don’t forget: Newsletter subscribers get EXTRA holiday-friendly workouts. SIGN UP for the newsletter to make sure you get the exclusives!
Happy Day After Christmas! Tell me all about yours! How was it?! Friday, I can’t remember much of what I did other than watch Christmas movies and do a little bit of last minute wrapping. Saturday, we go ready and headed out bright and early for Christmas #1. Our drive only took about 1.5 hr, which was awesome. We spent mid-morning/early afternoon with my mom’s side of the fam. On the drive home, we stopped at Super Target so the Hubs could get the last of his presents…talk about super late. We had Christmas #2 with my parents and siblings, which was so great. My sister got us free day passes to a Ninja Warrior training gym, which might be the best present ever. Followed closely by the new Practical Paleo and 2 records: Back to Black – Amy and At Last – Etta. LOVE! The Hubs and I got sushi for dinner, opened presents (I showed him his bar cart area!!!), gave Oscar his presents (he destroyed his stuffed toy in about 20 minutes) and fell asleep at 9:30pm watching Home Alone. Sunday, I woke up early (and didn’t sleep well), watched White Christmas and started this post before heading to Christmas #3 with the Hubs’ parents. Coffee, presents, early lunch and Finding Dory, which is probably second in line for the saddest/most heartwarming Disney movie. And when we got home, I relaxed and looked forward to this morning, because Saturday night, ALL my motivation came back and all I wanted to do was work!
So, I’m crashing at my favorite coffee shop this morning, drinking from my T-Rex mug, before doing a little shopping (crazy, I know) with the Hubs and DREAM BOARD PLANNING!!!!!!
More to come on that and in 2017. I’m hoping to share my goals and new blog happenings on Friday!
I’m a tad bit behind on sending out this survey, but I would LOVE IT if you could take 1 – 2 minutes and fill it out. Winner will get a $20 Amazon Gift Card! TAKE THE SURVEY <– click! OR, take below:
SO, TELL ME:
Have you done a bodyweight cardio interval workout before?
What cardio moves will you choose?
How was your Christmas?!