This SURGE® Pyramid Circuit is the first in the Friday Five series! Check out these new moves featuring the SURGE® and try them out for yourself!
SURGE® Pyramid Circuit
Hey Friends! First workout in the new year and a new piece of equipment! I am pumped to share this workout and these moves with you!
Through my partnership with Fit Approach, I get an the awesome opportunity to work with Hedstrom Fitness using the Surge! What is the Surge, you ask? Only my new favorite piece of equipment! The Surge® is a specialized training device that utilizes fluid to create a “dynamic” form of resistance. This forces the user to challenge both traditional exercises, as well as sport and activity specific movement patterns. As a result, this training apparetus provides a very unique challenge to the joints and stabilizing structures to resist and control the unpredictable nature of the shifting water within this device.
[bctt tweet=”Friday Five – Surge Pyramid Circuit is up! Grab the moves! #sweatpink @fitapproach @hedstrom_fitness #HydroStrong” username=”burpees4bfast”]
So, the Surge is filled with water, which makes for an unstable training environment. Can you say challenge your proprioception much?! Y’all this piece of equipment is no joke. You can hear that water moving around. The Surge tilts left and right and throws you off balance. It forces you to move slowly and focus on the muscles that should be worked in order to make the exercise happen. You know me, mind on your muscles!!
For the next 4 weeks, Fit Approach will be sharing 5 new moves each Friday, featuring the Surge. We want YOU to try these out and share via social media! Each week, I’ll be incorporating the moves into a fun workout. All will be adaptable, if you don’t have your Surge yet! And also, don’t be afraid to modify!
#IAmEmpowered Instagram Challenge
New Insta Challenge starting Monday! Each day we will be sharing a new prompt and way for you to participate.
- The Surge*
Move through the circuit starting with 10 reps for each move. After the first round, complete 9 reps, then 8 and so on. end workout with 1 rep of each move.
Complete RX reps on each side for the lunges.
*If you don’t have a Surge YET, you can use a barbell or dumbbells or kettelbell(s)…or even a sandbag! You have options!!
Check out the video below. It’s in real time, so you can see how slow and controlled I’m moving to try and keep that water from moving around so much!
Disclaimer: While I am a personal trainer and group fitness instructor, I am not YOUR personal trainer or group fitness instructor. I stand behind the workouts I share on the blog. Please be mindful of the exercises and workouts you perform. Work smart and safely, and when in doubt please consult your physician.
- SQUAT w/OVERHEAD PRESS: Hold the Surge with neutral grip (palms facing each other). With shoulders back and down, core tight, pelvis slightly tucked and knees slightly bent, hold Surge at chest level. Drive through heels to squat. Power through heels to stand and press Surge overhead. Repeat.
- REVERSE LUNGE w/OBLIQUE TWIST: Hold the Surge with neutral grip (palms facing each other). With shoulders back and down, core tight, pelvis slightly tucked and knees slightly bent, hold Surge at chest level. Move one leg behind you into a reverse lunge while simultaniously engaging core to twist to the same side as the leading leg. Drive through heel to stand and repeat.
- STANDING ROWS: Hold the Surge with neutral grip (palms facing each other). With shoulders back and down, core tight, pelvis slightly tucked and knees slightly bent, hold Surge in front of you. Stick butt back and hinge at the hips, keeping back flat, lats and core engaged. Engage lats and row Surge up, keeping elbows in tight to the body.
- V-UPS: Hold the Surge with neutral grip. Lay on back with back completely toughing the ground. Engage core, coming to sit on your butt, with knees bent and Surge still at chest level.
- BICEP CURLS: Hold the Surge with neutral grip (palms facing each other). With shoulders back and down, core tight, pelvis slightly tucked and knees slightly bent, engage biceps and curl the Surge up to chest level. Repeat.
[bctt tweet=”Can’t wait to try this new Bodyweight Cardio Interval Circuit! #holidayhiit20 #fitfluential @fitfluential ” username=”burpees4bfast”]
It’s FriDAY! Hey! What are you up to this weekend? I have Monday off (!!!) and I’m heading to Dayton to spend the day with my bestie! I’m hoping to hang with my mom and finish up the office decorating – I have $100 to spend and I want to get the most bang for my buck! Class on Sunday and hopefully some workout filming. The studio where I teach on Sunday agreed to let me film and photograph workouts for the blog and programs! I am SO thankful and excited. It’s such a beautiful space and I can’t wait to show you guys!
Don’t forget to check out the Workout Index for more workouts!
SO, TELL ME:
Have you ever tried the Surge?
What are you doing this weekend?!