This SURGE® Stacked Full Body Burner is killer! A time based workout, plus added resistance from the Surge makes for a workout that will hit every muscle!
SURGE® Stacked Full Body Burner
Hey Friends! Happy Friday!
Uh, props to my Hubby for taking this photo. I love it…but check below to see some of the outtakes. <insert crying laughing emoji> Such a good #InstagramHusband
Any who, let’s talk about this workout. I’m loving The Surge. You think certain moves are easy, like you’ve mastered them. Then, you use the Surge. It’s such a great challenge. If you haven’t gotten one yet, I’m sharing a sweeeeeet discount code with you at the bottom of this post!
[bctt tweet=”Friday Five – Surge Stacked Full Body Burner! Grab the moves! #sweatpink @fitapproach @hedstrom_fitness #HydroStrong” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Related: Summer Arms & Abs Stacked Workout
- The Surge*
You will set your timer for :30 sec work and :30 sec work, for 13 rounds. You will complete 1 round working from the first move to the 6th move.
Here is a breakdown of how the workout will flow:
- Complete exercise 1 for :30 sec. Rest for :30 sec.
- Go back to exercise 1, complete for :30 sec, followed immediately by exercise 2 for :30 sec, then rest.
- Move through workout adding on 1 new move after each :30 sec rest.
- Ex. :30 sec Side Lunge, :30 sec REST; :30 sec Side Lunge, :30 sec Tricep Extensions, :30 sec rest; REPEAT through entire circuit
If you don’t have a Surge YET (see below for DISCOUNT!), you can use a barbell or dumbbells or kettelbell(s)…or even a sandbag! You have options!!
Disclaimer: While I am a personal trainer and group fitness instructor, I am not YOUR personal trainer or group fitness instructor. I stand behind the workouts I share on the blog. Please be mindful of the exercises and workouts you perform. Work smart and safely, and when in doubt please consult your physician.
- SIDE LUNGE: Hold the Surge with neutral grip (palms facing each other) in front of you. With shoulders back and down, core tight, pelvis slightly tucked and knees slightly bent. Move left foot out parallel to the right and sit butt back to perform a side lunge.
- TRICEP EXTENSIONS: Hold the Surge with neutral grip (palms facing each other) at chest height. With shoulders back and down, core tight, pelvis slightly tucked and knees slightly bent. Press Surge up overhead, shoulders down. Bend at the elbows and bring Surge down to tap the middle of your back. Use triceps to bring the Surge back up. Keep biceps close to ears.
- SIDE PLANK: Assume side plank, keeping elbow stacked under your shoulder, hips lifted. Either stack feet or stagger your stance.
- RUSSIAN TWISTS: Hold the Surge with neutral grip (palms facing each other) at chest height. With shoulders back and down, core tight, come onto butt, into a V position with heels slightly raised. Rotate shoulder girdle from left to right, while maintaining a slight lean back, keeping abdominals contracted. ** For variation, lift feet higher or pedal feet.
- SQUAT JUMPS: Hold the Surge with neutral grip (palms facing each other) at chest height. With shoulders back and down, core tight, pelvis slightly tucked and knees slightly bent. With feet about hip width apart and feet pointed out slightly, come down into a squat, and drive through heels to stand. Press knees out at the bottom and use inner thighs to stand, and jump. Repeat.
[bctt tweet=”Can’t wait to try this new Surge Stacked Full Body Burner! #BuildYourBestBody #fitfluential @fitfluential ” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Don’t forget to check out the Surge Pyramid Circuit from last week for even more Surge action!
I have the day off today!! I have a couple things planned, including a date with the Hubby. It’s been a hot minute since we’ve gone on a date! Most of all, I’m planning on relaxing!!
Don’t forget to check out the Workout Index for more workouts!
SO, TELL ME:
Have you ever tried the Surge?
What are you doing this weekend?!