Morning routines can set your day up for success. Find out how simple it is to start a routine and learn news for things to add to your routine.
Morning Routines: How To Set Your Day Up For Success
Today, we are chatting morning routines. Do you have one? Why or why not? If you have one, has it evolved over time? Is it the same routine you had when you started? Gosh, I’m so curious.
I’m a firm believer that morning routines can shape your day and set you up for success. If you remember, one of my suggestions for having an awesome January (and year) was to create a morning routine. We have just a few days left in January (can you believe it’s nearly February?!), so you can still start one!
As I was thinking through this post, I wasn’t sure what direction to take. I mean, yes, I like morning routines. Yes, I believe they set your day up for success. But at the same time, my morning routine isn’t very glamorous or exciting. It seems to change with the season, at times, and I haven’t really stuck with a solid routine for January either.
Morning routines are specific to each individual.
What works for you in the morning, might not work for me, and vice versa. And truthfully, a morning routine doesn’t need to be some big extravagant ritual. It just needs to set YOUR day up for success.
[bctt tweet=”Your morning routine should set YOUR day up for success! #ad #ollynutrition ” username=”burpees4bfast”]
MY MORNING ROUTINE
My morning routine has changed over the years. When I was first working on healing my gut a few years ago, every single morning consisted of a mug of warm lemon water and journal / reflective time. It helped relieve any stress, it calmed my gut and started my digestion off on the right track. As my morning routines have evolved, the one thing that remains pretty consistent is that cup of warm lemon water and journaling time.
My current (simple) morning routine
Hit snooze a few times. Give myself a pep talk about getting out of bed and being a boss. Get ready for the work day, which takes about 15 – 20 minutes. Lately, I’ve been spending a bit of time on social media / checking emails & Facebook for my beta group. Sneak in a 5 minute reflective / meditation time. Prepare my warm lemon water, start the car, take a probiotic (fun new update I’ll share soon), drink said lemon water on the way to work and arrive at work.
See, nothing crazy. Nothing exciting. My weekend mornings are much slower and do include a workout; my favorite kind. But with my work day mornings, my routine works for me. It still sets my day up for success and allows me to get my day done early, so I can get home and spend time with The Hubs and fur child.
STARTING A MORNING ROUTINE
So, how the heck do you start a morning routine?
- Take some time to figure out what you need to do in the morning to be successful each day. This might include a workout. It might include checking your email as soon as you wake up. It might include breakfast at home. What works for YOU?
- Write down what you want your morning to look like. I’m a planner. Even if you aren’t, take a few minutes to write down how your morning will flow. Will you check email first thing, then go to the gym, then get ready for work? Will you mediate when you wake up, eat breakfast, then head to work? How will it look?
- Execute and change when needed. Don’t be afraid to switch up your routine, if it’s not working for your current stage of life.
IDEAS FOR YOUR MORNING ROUTINE
Not sure what to include in your morning routine? Here are some of my favorite ideas:
- do a short yoga session
- do some light stretching or foam rolling
- get in a sweat session
- go for a walk
- make coffee
- enjoy breakfast
- read a chapter of a book
- write out your todo list
- listen to a podcast
- take a probiotic
OLLY QUICK MELT PROBIOTIC STICKS
Let’s talk for a hot minute about Olly Quick Melt Probiotic Sticks. As someone with a history of gut troubles, taking supplements and consuming foods that support gut health is EXTREMELY important to me. It’s one of my non-negotiables. The problem is – I am terrible about remembering to take my probiotic. Before I tried Olly, my probiotic needed to be refrigerated. Now, I have to go in the fridge to grab my lunch every morning, so you’d think I could remember to grab the probiotic, right? Not so much.
[bctt tweet=”@OllyNutrition packed 10 billion live cultures into one delicious, melt in your mouth, #probiotic stick. I’m love Blueberry! Learn more https://ooh.li/9c134ab #Ad ” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Olly Quick Melt Probiotic Sticks have been a game changer for me AND the Hubby. They are so simple, efficient and they taste good. It’s like a healthy version of a pixie stick! The Quick Melt Probiotic Sticks contain 10 billion live cultures of 4 of the most beneficial probiotic strains around.
- The Regulator (aka Bifidobacterium Lactis HN019)- When it comes to digestion, this good guy makes all systems go.
- The Booster (aka Bifidobacterium Lactis BL04) – This tough guys helps boost the body’s natural defenses.
- The Multitasker (aka Lactobacillus Acidophilus NCFM) – This whiz helps support both digestive and immune health.
- The Superstar (aka Lactobacillus Rhamnosus GG) – This wise guy is one of the most studied probiotics in the world.
The best part is that after a week of consistent probiotic use, there is a noticeable improvement in my digestion and regularity…aka, my poops. This has been the best and easiest addition to my morning routine!
[bctt tweet=”Grab a free sample of Quick Melt Probiotic Sticks from @ollynutrition & add to your morning routine #OLLYnutrition. #Ad https://ooh.li/9c134ab” username=”burpees4bfast”]
SO, TELL ME:
Have you tried Olly Quick Melt Probiotic Sticks yet?!
Tell me about your morning routine!