Have you ever tried Hydro-Inertia Training? It has so many benefits. Check out why it’s so fun and challenging. Plus, get the latest Friday Five Workout featuring The Surge!
Hydro-Inertia Training Benefits & Friday Five
Through my partnership with Fit Approach, I get an the awesome opportunity to work with Hedstrom Fitness using the Surge! All opinions are my own.
Happy Friday, Y’all!
Hydro-Inertia Training is the name of the game today. If you’ve been doing any of The Surge Workouts (see below) I’ve been sharing, you’ve been doing Hydro-Inertia Training. I’ve got a simple workout for you today, but first, let’s chat a bit more about Hydro-Inertia Training.
Hydro-Inertia™ is: The utilization of water to create an unstable resistance that increases core strength and stability during exercise.
The efficiency of Hydro-Inertia™ resistance mimics real life situations far more than do static weights such as dumbbells or kettlebells. Think about picking up and carry your groceries. Or your kiddos or fur child. Or moving furniture or boxes. You aren’t picking up static weight – you are battling against unstable resistance. Remember when we chatted the importance of creating a proprioceptively rich environment during your workouts? This is EXACTLY what Hydro-Inertia Training and The Surge does. Which is why I love it so much!
[bctt tweet=”Hydro-Inertia™ Training Benefits & Friday Five #sweatpink @fitapproach @hedstrom_fitness #HydroStrong” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Don’t forget to check out the other Surge Workouts.
- The Surge*
Complete the RX reps for each exercises, for a total of 4 sets. Rest when needed.
If you don’t have a Surge YET (use code: SPHF25 for 25% off), you can use a barbell or dumbbells or kettelbell(s)…or even a sandbag! You have options!!
Disclaimer: While I am a personal trainer and group fitness instructor, I am not YOUR personal trainer or group fitness instructor. I stand behind the workouts I share on the blog. Please be mindful of the exercises and workouts you perform. Work smart and safely, and when in doubt please consult your physician.
- SKATERS: With Surge in hands, roll shoulders back and down, tuck the pelvis to engage the core. Coming into an athletic stance, ball at chest, jump from right to left, ‘rainbowing’ the Surge back and forth as you move, landing in heel. Squeeze glutes and inner thighs. Once you get a rhythm down, try to pick up the pace.
- STANDING OBLIQUE TWISTS: With Surge in hand just below chest height, roll shoulders back and down, tuck the pelvis to engage the core. Twist from left to right, starting the movement from your core. Use obliques to move side to side.
- SUMO SQUAT: With Surge in hands, roll shoulders back and down, tuck the pelvis to engage the core. Bring legs wider than hip width apart and feet pointed out slightly, squeeze glues and lower down into a squat. Press knees out at the bottom and use inner thighs to stand, squeezing glutes again at the top.
- FULL CRUNCH (or sit-up): Feet flat on the ground, arms overhead with, Surge in hand. Bring arms overhead, scoop abdominals and reach up. Repeat.
- LUNGE & PRESS: With Surge in hands at chest height, roll shoulders back and down, tuck the pelvis to engage the core. Move one leg behind you into a reverse lunge. Drive through heel and squeeze glute to stand. At the top, press the Surge overhead. Return to start and repeat.
[bctt tweet=”Can’t wait to try this new Surge Core Power Workotut #BuildYourBestBody #sweatpink @fitapproach ” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Hedstrom is giving readers 25% off Surge/Kamagon products!! The code is valid from Friday, 1/20 until 2/28. It can be used by anyone in US / Canada.
[bctt tweet=”Get 25% off Surge / Kamagon Products using code: SPHF25!#BuildYourBestBody @hedstrom_fitness #HydroStrong #sweatpink” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Tell me about your weekend plans! I took on 2 new clients this week – an online training and a nutrition client. After I gave up the fear of being overwhelmed – I got 2 newbies! I’ll be working on their plans, putting the finishing touches on the last 2 weeks of my Beta program and doing a little blog work. I’ve got a coffee date, set up at church on Sunday and my normal Sunday class. And somewhere in there, I’m planning on BIG food prep!
Don’t forget to check out the Workout Index for more workouts!
SO, TELL ME:
What are you doing this weekend?!
Have you tried The Surge or Hydro-Inertia Training yet?!