This Bottoms Up Booty Workout is killer but so effective! Inspired by one of my current favorite songs, this workout will help you build a strong booty!
Bottoms Up Booty Workout
WELCOME to the Capable & Strong Series!
This series is all about strength training. We will be chatting about things from reasons why women should lift to suggested supplements to building a strong body and mind! And you can expect strength training workouts!
Heyyyy! It’s FriYAY already!
The week has flown by, but then again, so did last week and the weekend. Now, I KNOW you all have been waiting for a workout as part of this strength training series and today, I’m finally delivering.
[bctt tweet=”Grab the new Bottoms Up Booty Workout #OTB! #sweatpink @fitapproach #capablestrong” username=”burpees4bfast”]
I’ve affectionately named this Bottoms Up Booty Workout because I’ve been jamming to Trey Songz feat. Nicki Minaj Bottoms Up for DAYZ. It’s one of those songs that I loved when it came out then forgot about it until it came on the radio a couple weeks ago. It’s been on repeat since along with Shoop by Salt-N-Pepa, That’s What I Like by Bruno Mars (the video for thissssss!!!) and the entire Beauty & the Beast Soundtrack! These jamz were played late into the night as I finished Mindset2Muscles.
Grab some of my favorites on my Workout Jamz playlist.
As you know, Mindset2Muscles is available for purchase! One of the special changes to the Level 2 Program was the addition of a glute day! Yes, a day that focuses on building that booty. Why work on building a strong booty, you ask?
Well, we’ve talked about the importance of building a better booty on the blog before. To recap: strong glutes aid with increase strength when it comes to lifting heavy things, help control lower body movement and help improve posture.
Related: Lower Body Giant Set Workout
Glutes have become one of my FAVORITE areas to train and with as much as we all sit down throughout the day at desk jobs, we all could use a little extra glute training. This workout is very similar to the Glute Day workout in Mindset2Muscles, but not identical. It should give you a good idea of what to expect!
- barbell + plates
- dumbbells (heavy)
- loop resistance band <– that’s the brand I use
Complete RX reps of each move, resting in the time it takes to move from one exercises to the next. Completing all 5 reps equals 1 set. Complete 3 – 4 sets total.
Banded lateral walks can / should be done as part of the warm-up. Aim for 10 steps in each direction, for 2 – 3 sets.
- BANDED LATERAL WALKS: Place band around calves or quads (I like calves for best glute activation). Get low in a squat. Take very small steps to the left/right, grounding through heels, keeping glutes tight, and pushing off the back foot. After taking 10 steps in one direction, go in the other direction. Focus on driving through heels and pushing knees out against the band.
- ROMANIAN DEADLIFT: If using a barbell, load the bar. Stand with feet hip width apart with shins nearly touching the bar. Shoulders back and down (think putting them in your back pocket) and lats engaged (think about having an orange under each armpit). Pelvis slightly tucked and core muscles engaged (breathe in, the out, squeezing abdominals together). With knees slightly bent, hinge at the hips, sticking your butt back, keeping knees slightly bent and back as flat as possible. Grip the bar. Drive through heels and squeeze glutes to stand. At the top, you should be in a standing plank position, with glutes ENGAGED. Then hinge at the hip, pressing butt to the back of the room. Stop when you feel tension in your hamstrings – you might NOT get your back to parallel. Drive through heels and squeeze glutes to stand. ** Alternatively, this move can be done with dumbbells in hand. ***Instead of lifting from the floor, you can place barbell top of 2 boxes or on the lowest part of the squat rack and pull from there.
- SINGLE LEG SIT DOWN: With feet hip width apart, pelvis tucked, core engaged, shoulders back and down, head up and 1 dumbbell at chest height, stand a foot or so in front of of a box or bench. Lift one leg and balance on the other, with weight in heel. Sit back down on the bench or box, slowly, sticking butt back on the way down. Pause a couple seconds at the bottom, then drive through heel to stand, squeezing glute at the top. *** This can be done without weight for a regression.
- HIP THRUSTS: Sitting on your butt, just in front of a bench/box, with feet hip width apart and knees bent, spread arms out and rest should blades just on top of the bench. Drive through heels and engage glutes to bring your body into table top position, with knees bent at 90 degrees. Lower and repeat. ** For advanced modification, place a barbell over hips, resting on a cushioned mat.
- WEIGHTED STEP-UPS: With feet hip width apart, pelvis tucked, core engaged, shoulders back and down, head up and dumbbells at your side, stand a foot or so in front of of a box or bench. Raise one leg and step up on the box or bench, driving through heel, squeezing glute at the top. The leg on the bench or box should be the leg that brings you up on the box. Lean slightly forward to engage the glutes!
- SQUAT W/KNEE TOUCH: Stand upright, shoulders back and down, pelvis slightly tucked. Bring hands behind your head, elbows out. Perform a squat. As you stand, draw left knee up towards your chest and touch to right elbow in a twist. Repeat on the other side.
[bctt tweet=”Can’t wait to try this Bottoms up Booty Workout from @burpees4bfast #sweatpink @fitapproach #capablestrong” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Tomorrow, April 1 (can you believe it’s already April) is the last day to purchase Mindset2Muscles. It’s a 6 week program that delivers a butt kicking strength training workouts, easy to understand nutrition guidelines and daily mindset activities and journaling prompts to help ladies overcome a negative mindset, achieve their goals and exceed expectations. The program promises to help women build muscle, lose fat, ditch the negative mindset and gain confidence!
[bctt tweet=”Mindset2Muscles is available until April 1! Purchase today! #capablestrong #Mindset2Muscles” username=”burpees4bfast”]
So, tell me your weekend plans!! We have dinner with the In-laws tonight and I have a pretty full day Sunday. Tomorrow, I’m hoping to do a combo of relaxing, but also prioritizing my to-do list. I’m confident both can be accomplished. I’ve seen Beauty & the Beast the last 2 weekends…and I kind of want to see it again! Oh, and I also want to make these Cold Brew Pancakes. Don’t they look dreamy?! #goals
SO, TELL ME:
What are your favorite butt exercises? Do you train your booty?
What are your weekend plans?!