Ready for Boulder Shoulders?! This 25 minute dumbbell workout is the answer! Grab a pair of dumbbells and get ready to build strong, sculpted shoulders!
25 Minute Boulder Shoulders Dumbbell Workout
Hi! Happy Monday!! Last week of September and I’ve gotta say, I’m looking forward to October. We’ve had summer weather for the past week or so and I’m ready for cool, fall weather!
Let’s talk boulder shoulders, shall we?! Now, I know boulder shoulders workouts are all the rage in the summer, but why not boulder shoulders all year long? I’m all about #muscles, in all seasons.
Our shoulders – delts – have 3 heads: Anterior Delt, Medial Delt and Posterior Delt. The best news is that this workout hits on all 3!
[bctt tweet=”Boulder Shoulders Dumbbell Workout #sweatpink @fitapproach” username=”burpees4bfast”]
Related: 20 Minute Upper Body Blast Workout
- dumbbells – 1 set heavy & 1 set mid/light
- Optional: mat
Complete 8 reps of each move, resting when needed. Complete 4 rounds.
For all standing moves, ensure core is braced and pelvis tucked to keep lower back from arching.
- SHOULDER PRESS: Stand upright, shoulders back and down, with pelvis slightly tucked, core braced and dumbbells in both hands are your shoulders. Press dumbbells up, overhead, squeeze, then return to start.
- BENT ARM RAISES: Stand upright, shoulders back and down, pelvis slightly tucked, core braced, dumbbells in hand. Bend elbows 90 degrees with palms facing each other. Initiate movement from your medial delt and bring arms up to the side, so they are nearly parallel to the ground. Lower and repeat.
- UPRIGHT ROW: Stand upright, shoulders back and down, pelvis slightly tucked, core braced, arms in front of you with palms facing you. Row or ‘zip’ weights up, sticking elbows out, to about chest height. Release. Make sure shoulders stay back and and down.
- REAR DELT RAISES: Stand upright, shoulders back and down, pelvis slightly tucked, core braced, dumbbells in hand, palms facing you. Hinge at hip, keeping back flat. Initiate movement from rear delts to raise arms out to the side, slowly. Squeeze shoulder blades at the top, lower then repeat.
- ALT. FRONT RAISES: Stand upright, shoulders back and down, pelvis slightly tucked, core braced, dumbbells are your sides. With arm straight, save for a slight bend in the elbow, raise one arm up, one at a time, until it’s nearly parallel to the ground. Lower, then repeat on the other arm.
[bctt tweet=”Can’t wait to try this Boulder Should Workout! #sweatpink” username=”burpees4bfast”]
How was your weekend?! Friday, I was up bright and early for a Toastmasters meeting. I was officially inducted as a member. I made a quick trip to Target to pick up a couple things and forced myself to NOT BUY all the fall things. Managed to talk out with only 1 candle. I did some work in the afternoon, worked out, bathed Oscar and spent the night relaxing because I was beat. Saturday, the Manner of Women arrived and I tried all day to work, but it was mostly spent writing this post and watching the new Gilmore Girls. It was pretty cruddy. Sunday was food prep, mixed with some working and more whining over cramps. I started listening to Lauren Graham’s Talking As Fast As I Can on audiobook while doing food prep and I’m nearly finished!
Looking forward to the last week in September. I’ve got some fun things planned for the blog in October, so stay tuned!
SO, TELL ME:
What are your favorite Boulder Shoulders exercises?
What did you do this weekend?!