Sometimes it’s great to do a workout with moves you absolutely love! That’s what I did with this workout. This one fits in perfectly with Nourish month! I hope you love it as much as I did!
Moves I Love Full Body Workout
Hi! Happy Monday!
Today’s I’ve got another Nourish Month post for you. If you remember, all month long, each post will have the theme of Nourish – mind, body, soul. I’ve got recipes, workouts and more planned, so stay tuned!
Last week, I took an off day on Wednesday and Thursday because I was sore and just wanted a gym break. Friday turned into an off day as well, but by the end of the night, I was dying to get back into the gym. Three days is usually my max that I can go without a workout. Saturday I was itching to get back into the gym and because I had nothing planned, I decided to go a workout with some of the moves I love. So, I did!
I did the whole listening to my body thing and only did 3 rounds of this workout. I followed it up testing out a core workout I have planned for the Pull-ups Everyday Challenge and more pull-ups, so it was a good gym day. I then proceeded to take these photos on my own, with a chair, my phone, a coloring book and a hatred of the wind. I got quite a few outtakes, but I think I managed to get good shots, without my Instagram (and real) Husband.
[bctt tweet=”Moves I Love Full Body Strength Workout #sweatpink @fitapproach” username=”burpees4bfast”]
- 1 Moderate to Heavy Dumbbell
- 1 Heavy Kettlebell
- Pull-up Bar
- Optional: Mini Loop Resistance Band
Complete RX reps, moving as quickly as possible with good form. Complete 3 rounds for a short workout or 6 rounds for a longer workout.
Doing 3 rounds too 12:40, so doing 6 rounds wouldn’t take more than 26 – 30 minutes.
- (Banded) GOBLET SQUAT: Hold 1 heavy dumbbell (or kettlebell) at chest height, shoulders back and down, with pelvis slightly tucked. Spread feet a little wider than hip width apart, toes turned out slightly. Keeping elbows lifted and out, lower down as low as you can into a squat. Elbows should be on the inside of the knees, ever so slightly pressing them out. Drive through heels to stand.
- PUSH-UPS: Assume hand plank position (wrists under shoulders, fingers spread wide – gripping mat, heels shooting to the back of the room, core tight, pelvis slightly tucked). Perform a push-up.
- PLANK JACKS: Assume Hand or Elbow Plank position. Engaging core and pushing through hands or forearms, hop feet out like a jack. Alternatively, step feet in and out.
- CHIN-UPS: Grab bar (or jump up to bar) with palms facing body. Engage shoulders, brace core and squeeze entire lower body. Using upper back and biceps, pull your body up towards the bar, stopping once chin is over bar. Release and repeat.
- DUMBBELL SNATCHES: Place moderate to heavy dumbbell on the ground in front of you. Lower into a deadlift position, touching the dumbbell handle with one hand. Driving through the heels and squeezing the glutes, straighten the legs while pulling the dumbbell up overhead. As you pull the dumbbell up, rise up on your heels for assistance. At the top, ensure weight is driving through heels, core is braced so lower back is not arched and shoulder is packed + stacked.
- KETTLEBELL DEADLIFT: Heavy bell between legs. Stick booty back and down, hinging at the hips slightly. Pick up bell with both hands, while keeping lats tight and driving through heels + squeezing glutes on the way up.
[bctt tweet=”Can’t wait to try this new Full Body Workout from @burpees4bfast #fitfluential @fitfluential” via=”no”]
Today, we are kicking off the Pull-ups Everyday Challenge! Since it’s just the first day, if you are still interested in signing up, do it today! There is a great group of gals in the challenge and ready to become Badass Pull-up Unicorns! Sign up for the Pull-ups Everyday Challenge!
How was your weekend?! I hope it was wonderful! Friday kicked off the weekend with a Toastmasters meeting (my impromptu speech had no stretch points and no filler words #progress!). After Club, I met my mom for coffee and we chatted business at the coffee shop where I worked in high school! I helped The Hubs with Real Estate business rents and bills, watched This Is Us and did a bit of business work. Saturday, I got to the gym after waking up and did this workout! After taking photos, the day consisted of taking blog photos, running a couple errands, doing blog work, cleaning house and watching Wonder Woman – which I loved! Sunday was set up at church and service. I prepped breakfast + lunch for The Hubs, lunch for me, pumpkin muffins and pumpkin zucchini bread – both of which are fabulous!
This week is a ‘get ahead’ week for blog and business work. I start my Bootcamp Games next week and have some exciting things coming this month and next!
So, tell me:
What are some of your favorite moves?
What did you do this weekend?!