Hey girl hey!
I’m Jen and I’m pumped you are here! I empower women to move well, get strong and live their best life.
A few things about me:
- I’m a Corrective Exercise Specialist, Personal Trainer and Nutrition Coach.
- I love doughnuts.
- I’m #TeamHighWaistedLeggings all.the.time. And prefer 7/8 length too.
- Give me real talk and deep conversations over small talk any day. Because #TeamIntrovert.
- Morning bevvy’s: Coffee and Warm Lemon Water w/Collagen Peptides.
- Even though I was born in ’87, I love a good 80’s playlist. And because I was born in ’87, I’m also down for boy bands and old school rap.
- Friends, How I Met Your Mother, New Girl, Parks ‘n’ Rec.
- Beach babe.
- Lover of Christmastime & Christmas music & Christmas movies.
- I prefer lifting heavy shit over cardio.
- I cuss often.
- #TeamIntuitiveEating helped me find food freedom and get rid of guilt/shame.
- Wellness made simple: Move often. Lift Heavy. Eat whole foods. Enjoy doughnuts. Sleep often. Take care of yourself. Hang out with people you love. Repeat.
- Unicorns are my spirit animal.
- I like lists.
Burpees for Breakfast started in late 2013 as a way for me to share recipes during a 3 month candida detox. It quickly turned into an outlet to share not only recipes, but workouts. Today, it’s evolved into a space that discusses everything from fitness, to mindset, and all things to help you live your best life.
What you can find on Burpees for Breakfast
ALL THINGS FITNESS // WORKOUTS // NUTRITION TALK // SELF CARE TIPS // STRESS MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES // // LIFE MUSINGS … and more.
My Approach to Fitness
My fitness journey started back during my senior year of college, with running. As I fell in love with movement, I started incorporating HIIT workouts into my routine. A few years later, my now-husband challenged me to lift weights for a month and while I wasn’t sure I’d be a fan, I quickly fell in love with lifting heavy shit.
I’m Team Move Your Body Everyday (even if it’s not a workout) and Team Listen to Your Body (especially if it says it needs a rest day!). I’m also all about YOU doing the type of movement that YOUR BODY loves best – and I know it might not be heavy lifting. We can still be friends.
As a Coach, I focus on strength training, corrective exercise and functional movement – with a few HIIT workouts sprinkled in every so often. My main goal is to help you get stronger, without obsession, while learning to appreciate and listen to your body.
Some of my favorite Fitness posts:
My Food Philosophy
You can read all about my approach to nutrition, where I share my 3 year journey to heal my gut.
I believe food is fuel. And I believe a positive relationship with food is possible for everyone. Intuitive Eating is the approach I used to heal my relationship with food and it’s the framework I use with all my clients. I don’t like food labels, cheat days or the guilt or shame that follows a ‘mess up’ or diets.
You’ll find me eating nutrient dense, whole foods a majority of the time, but just know, I will rarely turn down a doughnut, waffle cone of ice cream or cookie.
Some of my favorite Nutrition posts
I’ve been married to my best friend for over 3 years, after meeting in 2010 when we walked down the isle together at our friends wedding! Cheesy Hallmark Movie, seriously!
We welcomed our fur child Oscar in July 2016. He’s a Basset Hound/Australian Shephard mix, with two different color eyes. Oscar loves walks, peanut butter, getting hair all over our house and doesn’t bark! We adopted Mimosa – Mimo for short – in May 2018. She’s a Siamese mix that loves napping, getting rubs and waking her parents up at the wee hours of the morning for pets.
Self-care and stress management are important priorities in my life and things I make sure my clients make a priority in their lives.
NEW HERE? READ SOME OF MY FAVORITE POSTS
- What Are You Training For?
- The Reasons Why I Lift
- 3 Ways to Structure Your Next Strength Training Workout
- Dear Tracy Anderson, Can We Chat?
- Observations on Feeding My Husband
- What Happens If I Don’t?
- 10 Tips Every GirlBoss Can Learn from Fixer Upper
- My Top Wellness Tip You Need to Start Doing Today
CREDENTIALS: NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist // NASM Certified Personal Trainer // Precision Nutrition Sports & Exercise Coach // AAFA Group Fitness Instructor // Keiser Spin Instructor
WORK WITH ME: Check out the Services tab & drop downs or email me: jena [at] burpeesforbreakfast.com
BURPEES FOR BREAKFAST SQUAD: The Burpees for Breakfast Squad is a community – a Squad – of health-minded women that love chatting nutrition, fitness, self-care, mindset and more! We check in daily, ask questions, provide value, give & receive support and encouragement. JOIN THE SQUAD!